alaska fish fertilizer and mag sulphate, (epason salts)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
if you want certain parts of your garden to go nuts use alaska fish fertilizer and epson salts on it. it will go nuts in growth and production. the fish fertilizer is slightly acid so the epson salts will balance it out that way. i just put some on my straw berries as they are in a big compost filled tractor tire, easy to fertilize and water. i expect them to really grow long vines now and produce better than ever. my round cattle filled with compost and fish fertilizer is making the tomatoes i planted in their very green and growing faster than normal. i put in on some sick looking rhubarb a few years ago and it got 5 ft tall. doesnt burn plants either. that liquid sea weed i may try also. so far the best growing year ive had in 21 years. the choke cherry trees are loaded with berries this year. ill have to help in picking them when they are ripe, want to make a lot of jelly and such from them. also fill a few gallon jugs with the berries and top it off with rum. man does that taste good around the new year. should get a lot of pie cherries this year also. i planted those gormet french yellow fingerling potatoes and they are going nuts also, already in bloom. eating the rose radishes every day also. come and visit me if your in my country and i will show you what im growing. my daughter from calif. called it a oasis in the middle of a desert. i believe she is right. water from a good well is they key plus a lot of work. cant help my self but love it.

Glad your garden is coming along.

I'm harvesting string beans (Blue Lake) and sugar snap peas now. I picked a gallon of the string beans yesterday. I was surprised because I only have about 50 plants. 
The squash is blossoming and the purple hull peas have little skinny pea pods forming. It will be another month before they get mature.

you sure live in another climate zone than i. it was 100 degrees today, i like it warm but it was too warm to day. my garden looks good. usually we have too long a spring here, this year no spring, went from winter to summer in one week. the plants seem to like it better that way. all the wild fruit have young fruit on the bushes except the buffalo berries. they might be too young yet.

Back