an old newbe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had my savage 10ML-2 for about 17 or 18 years. I am 78 years old. Savage has become somewhat un responsive to my requests. I did not realize they had had problems with the 10ML-2 and had stop making it. From the muzzle loading forum I learned about waiting for about 5 to 10 minutes between shots on a warm day. I also learned about Badger Ridge Industries. I am grateful. Segg42

Welcome segg42, keep your breechplug clean. Drill carbon out as it will accumulate. The 209 primer build up is almost as hard as the steel itself. Look in your owners manual for specific drill bits sizes and techniques..good luck..

Welcome segg42, keep your breechplug clean. Drill carbon out as it will accumulate. The 209 primer build up is almost as hard as the steel itself. Look in your owners manual for specific drill bits sizes and techniques..good luck..
Thanks for the reply nd the information.

hey deermanok back in the early 60's we went thru Oklahoma on our way to Utah to work on Flaming Gorge Dam. We stopped for breakfast and got the best pan cakes I have ever had. The waitress greeted us by saying "Hiddy". I have never heard that since. While we were in Utah we would drive up on top to the air strip and try to get KOMA Oklahoma City on the radio. Doesn't have much to do with shooting. Just a fond memory. Segg42.

hey deermanok back in the early 60's we went thru Oklahoma on our way to Utah to work on Flaming Gorge Dam. We stopped for breakfast and got the best pan cakes I have ever had. The waitress greeted us by saying "Hiddy". I have never heard that since. While we were in Utah we would drive up on top to the air strip and try to get KOMA Oklahoma City on the radio. Doesn't have much to do with shooting. Just a fond memory. Segg42.
My wife and I have only been here for a couple years. Transplants from New England.
We love the slow pace and country living. Funny you mentioned pancakes. We went to a pancake breakfast at one of the local churches. Man, those were some good pancakes.

Back