...and yet another Texan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockitdog007

Reaction score
I'm a life-long hunter but have concentrated on ducks for the last 30 years. This will be my 53rd Duck season, but due to the poor hunting the last 2 years, I'm on a deer lease for the first time in 30 years. My have things have changed! Blinds, feeders, game cams, ATVs, GPS, food plots,
RVs, etc.,etc., on and on. And now muzzleloading.
My fist experience with ML I was about 16 and a Missionary friend brought me back a "trade musket" from South America. This thing had a stock that looked like it was carved with a machete' ! The barrel looked like a piece of pipe, the breech end with a nipple crudely welded on it.
Must have been about .45 cal. loaded it with powder and a marble that fit and touched it off. It didn't blow up so I shot it a few more times then put it in the closet where it has stayed. Since then I've shot a Hopkins & Allen
.45 cal, and several Hawken .50s. When I decided this last year to get serious with modern ML I did a bunch of research.
Thanks to the folks on this forum and the Net in general, I settled on a T/C Omega. My experience with the gun is posted on the "Inline" section of this forum under "Heavy recoil / Light rifle" but I still like it. :yeah:
I really appreciate all the input and info available here.
David O. NRA Endowment Member "GOD SAVE our CONSTITUTION"

Glad to have you here. And the best of luck in your hunting season.

Texas

I hunt 15 mi east of Woodville-Deep East Texas, 1/2 mi or so south of B.A. Steinhagen Lake on the Neches River bottom. Headed up tomorrow to finish stands, mow, plant, and check game cam.

Latest posts

Back