New member from West Virginia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy james

Reaction score
Hello all, I think I will enjoy my stay here. I have a few questions I'll get to in another thread. I'm in my mid 40's. I hunted a lot as a teenager in the 90's and had my first experience with a ML back then. My uncle acquired a traditional percussion cap rifle in .45 Cal flavor we used to hunt deer. We made our bullets from tire weights. I had a blast just casting bullets. Later he bought a .50 Cal kit and put it together. It never would shoot/ignite the powder. After a few years he sold it and come to find out, the nipple wasn't drilled completely through. We used pyrodex because the gun store owner told us it was the best at the time, maybe so in 1990. Fast forward to today. A friend of mine decided to DONATE to me an inline ML a few weeks back. I have no clue as to the condition of this rifle as of yet but usually this friend coughs up pretty good stuff sometimes. It comes with some bullets, powder pellets, maybe some powder. This got me to thinking of my teenage years casting bullets. This ended with me searching online for the past week online about Muzzleloaders and I have to say we were complete amateurs. Now I see where we should have used much softer lead, how we didn't clean our guns nearly enough etc. Currently looking to source some free soft lead like everyone else that casts their own. This is me, I love muzzleloaders. :)

Welcome to the group glad to have you!
You will read and learn a lot of stuff from these fellas here, great group of guys. As far as casting your own bullets i have 0 experience there, but someone will be quick to chime in!
Welcome!

Hey TJ, You’ve come to the right place.
A new fraternity member of “Loada Aima Shoota”. Lol
You’ll like it here.
BTW Eastern Panhandle WV here

Back