ANOTHER ONE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well guys tried to post last night, but problems wit the site. So here it is. Got it yesterday morning around 8 am. This was the fasted shot I have taken in along time. There was a doe at the corn pile eating, and all of the sudden she got nervous and started looking back the way she had come, all of the sudden she jump across th corn pile and head in to the woods across the lane, I was looking at her thru the scope all this time, and no sooner than she took off this joker came from the same direction she had come, cross the lane and stop just for about 5 seconds at the edge of the woods. I tired to put the cross hairs on his shoulder, but he starter moving and I had to pull the trigger. All this happen in a span of 5 seconds. Any way it went done. Shot him with my 40 cal. SML at 180 yrds, using a Barnes TSX 300 gr. which, it started at .411 and it was size down to the bore size of .392 which is what my 40 cal. is. Load was 10/50, 4759/4895. We have been playing with this heavy bullets since this summer, and had to get them just right since they are a bit heavy for a 40 cal. Any way here it is. He is a 7 pointer not big.
First pic is where the bullet enter, second is where it exit once we skin it. The ones with the hide still on the first where it entered, and the second is where it exited. The bullet did what it was suppose to do, and I'm happy with the results.
Carlos
deer1_zps6ace85c4.jpeg

deer2_zps0cb061af.jpeg

accuramrcamo009_zpsd576fb35.jpg

accuramrcamo008_zps15b6d7d8.jpg

accuramrcamo007_zps66b7f89f.jpg

accuramrcamo006_zpsfa638ec1.jpg

accuramrcamo005_zps6e886a18.jpg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice Carlos :!: Enjoy the venison :ttups:

Ray......... :thumbs up:

Nice one! Nothing wrong at all with that buck!

Thats one nasty bullet, damage looks great, especially the expansion.

[I tried to edit my post about the democrat and lost it so I'm happy to eat crow and say the early projection was wrong. NC went red.]

Nice shot, Carlos. I need to take lessons from you.
It looks like baiting is OK in NC. I think a form of year-around continuous baiting is legal here on private land.

Nice Buck!

Carlos- very nice Buck.Sure was a killing shot to say the least.

Carlos,

Nice shooting!

You set me up with some 260 grain Harvesters and sabots, as well as some other stuff. I have to tell you that those bullets along with 100 gr. of BH209 are both accurate and devastating! The entry (!!!) wound on a hard quartering away shot was almost big enough to put my fist in! Bullet had great expansion and was recovered under the skin on the opposite side. And yes, that shot was DRT.

Amazing product. Thank you for setting me up. I'll be back and will send my friends.

M

Latest posts

Back