Any BH209 .45 load data?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bh209 and .45

howdy
I shoot 2 .45's and 2 .50's . Look for posts by wayles. You will see other posters on the same threads to go to.
Wayles

I talked to Don at BH 209 a couple of months ago and at that time they did not have any data for the use of BH 209 in a .45 caliber muzzleloader. They only had data for use in a .50 caliber muzzleloader. He firmly recommended not to exceed 100 grains of BH 209 in a .45 caliber muzzleloader until they had completed more testing for the .45.

Flhtr said:
I talked to Don at BH 209 a couple of months ago and at that time they did not have any data for the use of BH 209 in a .45 caliber muzzleloader. They only had data for use in a .50 caliber muzzleloader. He firmly recommended not to exceed 100 grains of BH 209 in a .45 caliber muzzleloader until they had completed more testing for the .45.

Oops :p 8) :wink:

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... nge+report

Lane, thanks for highlighting that word of advice. I tried doing it myself but I didn't know what I was doing. Anyways, I took my .45 caliber Optima Pro to the range today and tried the BH 209. The results were great! With some advice from another MM member I was shooting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. If you haven't tried BH 209, you really should!

Ken, I was getting my results of 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards using 90 grains of BH 209, CCI primers, and Hornady 180 GR HP/XTP's.

Back