any one here shoot a mosin nagant ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew_h1

Reaction score
any one here shoot a mosin nagant ?

i bought one last month a 1939 tula 91/30 with matching numbers except for mag bottom plate. it is my first center fire rifle . good shooter wit ha great bore . cosmetically its rough but a great shooter . will get some pics later .

Re: any one here shoot a mosin nagant ?

wow ive been looking for one myself! Sportsmans guide has them in 7mm and 7.62 nato but mi thought $400 was to much, plus they wouldnt ship to Colorado

not the same gun gander . thats a Mauser 95 . mine is a russian mosin nagant . they are about $100 . if you bought one(mosin) online you would need a C&R of FFL .

wow thats an awesome price. If i can come up with some money i may see if you can find me one. FFL is no problem.

there is a local shop that gets mosins by the crate full . they have 200 or so right now for $99 each. i can get you there contact info . they do gunbroker so they would likely be-able to ship to your FFL of choice . you can get a spam can(440 rds) of surplus 7.62x54R for about $80 bucks . about like 30-06 in performance .

Hi Matthew_h!

I have one! It is the carbine version M 39, so not the one with fixed bayonett. This is the M 44. I refinished the stock, the barrel is a bit rough, but with handloaded cartridges and Prvi Partizan cartridges from Serbia and a aimpoint it is a shooter. I use it for our drivehunts at roedeer here in Germany. Price was 130 german marks/€ 80/US$ 112.

Regards

Kirrmeister

wow i certainly will keep that in mind! $80 for 440 rounds is awesome deal.

The 7,62 x 54 is the most getable ammo around the world, because many russian machine guns have this cal and are still in use. Here in Europe the whole eastern countries have huge amounts of these Nagant rifles from the Warsaw Pact era. Also in Finland the cal. is very common. The Fins tuned the Nagants and put in Swiss barrels from SIG. Furthermore they made a system bedding and a better trigger.These finish Nagants are real shooters. The finish army had famous sharpshooters in the II. WW. Finland fought together with Germany against the Soviet Union.

Regards

Kirrmeister

the finish nagants are very sought after here in the usa . the ones with sako barrels are amazing shooters . very good gun for the money and the carbines are fine hunting rifles . the finish shooter your thinking of may be Simo Häyhä . he had over 500 confirmed kills with an iron sight mosin nagat .

cimg0210.jpg
100 rounds of surplus was $20

my_mos10.jpg

Nice rifle! So I see you have the long version, it is the russian mod. 1891/30, which was used during WWII by the russian/soviet infantry until they invired the M 1938 carbine version and later the M 1944 with fixed bayonett.

The long versions shot very well. If the surplus stuff don't work try to get some ammo from Partizan (Serbia) or Sellier and Belllot (Czech Republic).

Regards

Kirrmeister

Latest posts

Back