Anybody on the TDS?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Has anybody used this system? Gimmick?Or really works?Available for any scope or only select scopes?Would appreciate any input.I am wanting to try it on a Savage10ML and a varmit gun.

I JUST got a new scope with the TDS reticle, a Swarovski 3-10X42. Not mounted on anything, just looking at it.. The scope uses a method called "factors." Your cartridge/whatever needs to fall into one of the preassigned factors which is really the number of inches a projectile drops at 300yds when sighted in at 200yds.. Still playing with it..more to come..

big6x6 said:
I JUST got a new scope with the TDS reticle, a Swarovski 3-10X42. Not mounted on anything, just looking at it.. The scope uses a method called "factors." Your cartridge/whatever needs to fall into one of the preassigned factors which is really the number of inches a projectile drops at 300yds when sighted in at 200yds.. Still playing with it..more to come..
I am dying to know if this system is adaptable for the Savage!!!!! I can not hardly find anything to read on this system! You got any info. Chuck?

I am dying to know if this system is adaptable for the Savage!!!!! I can not hardly find anything to read on this system! You got any info. Chuck?

Patience Grasshopper! :D I'm trying to pull everything together and make it work...FIRST...I have to come up with THE load...looking at IMR-4198 to give me that...Gotta do some more shooting first... I WILL keep you posted!

big6x6 said:

Patience Grasshopper! :D I'm trying to pull everything together and make it work...FIRST...I have to come up with THE load...looking at IMR-4198 to give me that...Gotta do some more shooting first... I WILL keep you posted!
I will try to wait patiently!

Tar-12 said:
Has anybody used this system? Gimmick?Or really works?Available for any scope or only select scopes?Would appreciate any input.I am wanting to try it on a Savage10ML and a varmit gun.

It works quite well. The Bushnell "TDS" is easy-- 3" between the lines @ 100 yards, 6" @ 200 yds., etc.

The Burris Ballistic Plex works well, as well.

Back