Anyone watch that TV show about the big bear last night?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Anyone watch that TV show about the big bear last night? They measured his tracks - 24 inches long and 22 inches wide, they measured several prints in the sand and mud. The guide was really on his toes and the others stuck close to the guy with the gun. They found several trees where the bear had been rubbing (standing up on his hind legs). The guys were in the 6 foot or taller range, one stood on the others shoulders to get hair samples off the tree where the bears shoulders were rubbed. They had just got down when they saw the trees about 50 yards away start shaking, it was this big boy rubbing again. Their trail camera got a close up picture of this guy walking bye, they think he's a "short nose" (name of a bear not found for hundreds of years), DNA tests will tell them what he is on the next program. 

If I saw those trees shaking like they did I would have been back in the boat with the motor running......  :Hide:   :bow:

Yeah, good show and those were some impressive claw marks left behind. Seemed other-worldly, but at the same time the bear depicted looked just like that bruiser from "The Great Outdoors". I couldn't help but chuckle every time they showed it.

When they saw those trees shaking I would have been in the boat and heading south with or without the rest of the crew.  :bounce:

Latest posts

Back