Az Cow Elk down # 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hac

Reaction score
My youngest got it done 12/27 @ 10am after some long cold days in the field, the cow was taken bedded down, 236 yards, 13 degrees, TC omega 50cal loaded with 80gr by weight of BH209, 300gr PT Gold, crush rib sabot, winchester 209 primer, the projectile hit both shoulder blades and it was a pass threw, broke both blades small entrance hole and the exit was just slightly bigger, the cow never got up after the hit she just rolled over, my son shot out to 250 yards very consistent on the range so I was confident in his shot

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_rsz_20151227_100800.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 540
Every time I see a picture of a cow elk or a doe, my mouth starts to water and I hear the sound of a sizzling grill! Congrats!

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congratulations on the elk. That is a heck of a shot!

cayuga said:
congratulations on the elk. That is a heck of a shot!

Thanks, I thought so too, I thought I would find the projectile in the body put that PT Gold almost looked like it didn't expand much almost penciled threw the body, this hunt came to the wire yesterday being the last day we were hunting

Great success indeed!
Hunting with kids, sons are memories for a lifetime!
Thanks for sharing.

Congrats Hac! What do you think of that TC Omega? Considering a new ML this year. Utah's DWR just passed law that magnifying scopes can be used. Might be an excuse to get another :wink:

Fire Hawk said:
Congrats Hac! What do you think of that TC Omega? Considering a new ML this year. Utah's DWR just passed law that magnifying scopes can be used. Might be an excuse to get another :wink:

My kids and I both like them, they did very well in the temperature we put them in, one of the rifles was loaded and in the field 8 days, most days started in the single digits then to the teens the rest of the day, they preformed very well, after the hunt I would purchase them again, after started to use muzzleloaders it's a very addictive sport, between my 2 kids and I we have 11 muzzleloader 3 omega's, 2 of the omega's belonged to my late father in law, my oldest son got one and used it on his cow elk this year, good luck

Latest posts

Back