found another deal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just learned that the Omega in .45 originally came out with a 1:20 twist then later changed to a 1:28. Does anyone know when this was or even if its true? The s/n on the one I purchased is a four digit one 67XX.
I can check it when I get it later this week but I'm curious. A 1:20 would be fantastic.

I just learned that the Omega in .45 originally came out with a 1:20 twist then later changed to a 1:28. Does anyone know when this was or even if its true? The s/n on the one I purchased is a four digit one 67XX.
I can check it when I get it later this week but I'm curious. A 1:20 would be fantastic.
It’s been talked about a number of times here but I don’t remember.

Well the Omega arrived today. All I can say is that it wasn't totally neglected but neither did it get any extra TLC.
The exterior is flawless as far as I can see. I had a bit of a problem getting the BP out but it broke free with a little extra oomph on the socket.
The bore does need to be lapped as there is superficial pitting down its entire length but I think it will clean up nicely. Also I must say it has a pretty nice trigger.
Rifling is strong and I'm sure it will be plenty accurate.

Last edited:
After much investigation, I think you would need a stainless barreled Omega with a serial under 6500 to be a 1-20. I have yet to see a blued 1-20 Omega. That doesn't mean they don't exist. I do know that they made a lot fewer blued models in a .45 so you might need a super low serial number blued model for a 1-20.

Back