Back from the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlkDiamond

Reaction score
Made it to the range for some expirimenting with my T/C Black Diamond and CVA Wolf. I mounted a TruGlo 2x red dot scope on the Wolf. It's the ugliest gun/scope combo i've ever seen but man does it shoot. It loves 80grains of 777 and a 300 grain shockwaves. I bought the gun off of a friend, never expected it to be a shooter but it continues to prove me wrong. Messed around with 200gr Shockwaves in the Black Diamond and got nice groups at 100yd's using 70grains of 777. If i upped the load my groups suffered noticeably. I'd be interested to hear opinions on if this would be a sufficient load for deer as it shoots so well out of this gun.

Now this is just my opinion.. but if the range was not too far, 70 grains of Triple Seven and a 200 grain Shockwave should work. I would much rather push them harder, but it should hit and expand if put in the right place.

I would not use the Shockwaves unless you can use 90-110g of powder. They really need some more speed to open up correctly.
I might suggest using the 300g Platinum Powerbelts and 70g of powder. this has worked well in my 45cal rifles and will be leathal from 20-120 yards :wink: 8)

Latest posts

Back