Back in Ninerings kitchen

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks brother, it does taste fantastic
Better get that TK up and running. There's an entourage of us hungry, foul-smelling old geezers making their way down 75 for your spring turkey season. We'll be the drooling ones with bibs and packing man sized spoons for your next fresh batch.. Do you have any spare teeth for those of us forgetful types? Wood would be fine. Of course, that soup doesn't appear to need many teeth.

Better get that TK up and running. There's an entourage of us hungry, foul-smelling old geezers making their way down 75 for your spring turkey season. We'll be the drooling ones with bibs and packing man sized spoons for your next fresh batch.. Do you have any spare teeth for those of us forgetful types? Wood would be fine. Of course, that soup doesn't appear to need many teeth.
Hungry old foul smelling toothless geezers….ill fit right in.
We can all go to Wallymart together, where we’ll all fit right in.
No chompers needed for the soup lol

16 days 18 hours and a few minutes.... but who is counting?

Gobble gobble !

I hope you guys have the time of your lives, killing those long beards, stuffing your faces, and drinking your favorite beverages. Thats what i call living the good life, and making memories for ever… wish i was there to give you guys some guidance… lol

Absolutely Mr Tom, the wifer doesn’t think that is so cool? 🤷🏼🤦‍♂️
They do have a way of getting in the way of fun, don't they? Mine? I take her to the daughter and son-in-law's place three hours away for five day staring tomorrow. I think I'm fishing three of the five days since we're on track for record warmth those three days. And yes, I'll likely have a few cold ones along and a greasy pizza when I get home. Each day. I'll be thinking of you at home with the wifer shorty.

lol Shorty. You look chilly.

Have the perch spawned there already or getting ready to? The Mississippi River here is just not creeping up on walleye spawning temps and perch and sauger get tossed into the spawning mix too as their preferred temps are within 5 degrees. Last spring my buddy and I hit a backwater where ice was still a factor in shaded areas under a bridge in spite of slightly high water and current. We were targeting crappies. What we found was a pile of perch in the 17" to 20" range laying up against a sandbar with a corner in it that cut the current off and created a slack water where the fish were found. As much as I like my crappies, I always enjoy a fresh perch fry so when we each had six of these big perch in the bucket we got the heck out of the area before other people started showing up and seeing what we had in the pail. I'm checking that spot this afternoon on my way home from the Twin Cities after dropping Ma off at the daughters for a five day visit. Taking a rod and planning to cast to see if those perch are there again. If they are, Friday or Sunday I'll hit it again.

Good fishing Buddy! Stay safe on that water!!

Sounds like fun MrTom, you will probably end up at Ninering62’s when you get hungry. He is a darn good fishing buddy too. I also hear he makes a mean pizza also… either way good luck and here is a starter kit fer you…View attachment 41994
Nice fish Shorty ! Run the catch over to Ninerings and let him do his magic , because of what I've seen on here of his recipes , I know he will make a delicious meal out of them !

mmmmm yes I used chunks of venison, (stew meat) ooooof yup, coffee and La Croix my choice of washers, I cook with the alcohols, I tend to break out when I drink it directly, so I just avoid that, I`ll explain that break out, usually windows and doors and a few squad cars, done a wall that was a lot of WTF did I do pain the next morning, so I just prefer my coffee and La Croix

I need to see a photo of a 17-20”perch
You don't live far from the good Ole Mississippi, go catch one first hand. Right now would be a prime time to fetch one.. Or go to South Dakota about the end of December and fish some of those outstanding prairie lakes that are teeming with them. The biggest perch I have taken came from in front ot the dam in Alma in March maybe twenty years ago, not that far from you Decay.

They’ll be hiding when I get back to Wisconsin in May, and I won’t get to the river till after after my Turkey season
I checked my backwater spot yesterday on my way home for the TC. Took a little detour from Centerville to Prescott to pick up my Scotch Red Ale from New Glarus Brewing [only sold in Wisconsin ya know], then down on WI35 to Nelson. Got a great early perch spot on the dike road and had to check and see how ice out was coming along. Another week. Then I'll be down there every couple days while the perch are still spawning. We usually manage a few of the big girls and when we do I'll get you a nice pic of one.

Thank you Decay
Here’s supper tonight, courtesy of Decay. It’s fresh caught Speckled Trout dipping in egg wash, Zatarans seasoned flour & fried chicken mix & Panko bread crumbs.
Tater tots to accompany.
Washed down by one of my fav German beers, boy oh boy, talk about a happy redneck right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Back