Back to Black ..horn that is!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Tried some Fury 275's with BH209 again for a sanity check with this new red dot setup on my Patriot. Using 75 gr, by weight and a veggie wad. Full bore and smooth sized.
20240419_111241.jpg20240419_095414.jpg

Shot an 1 1/2" 6shot group at 100 yards. This plate is 8 3/4" diameter and my supposed 3.3 moa dot takes up about 6 1/2" of the plate but leaves a nice white ring around the dot to tell me I'm centered up on target. Just a little trick I learned years ago when Utah was no magnifying optics before. Works with the old 1x scopes as well.

A Red dot seems like a great setup for up here in the northeast. How do you like it?
For any kind of close in fast action work I don't think they can be beat. You shoot with both eyes open and have great field of view. For longer shots I wish it had a smaller dot. My old Aimpoint has a 2 moa dot that's about perfect.
I took an elk at 209 yards with that dot and had no problem.
One other thing , the rifle sure carries nice without a scope on there!

Last edited:
That's good shooting especially considering your set up. Its amazing how your eye can center so easily on something so far out. I guess god knew what He was doing, huh?

Back