Back to Muzzle Loading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chieffan

Reaction score
Going to get back into muzzle loading rifles again. Use to build different ones from kits 40+ years ago. Job change didn't allow time to do it any more. Retired now for several years so decided to try deer season with a ML as well as my xbow. Picked up a Knight 50 cal at an auction with no breech plug for a decent price. Inside of the barrel looked good as did the rest. Got the #11 cap conversion breech plug, nipple and hammer assembly off eBay. Working towards a decent shooting round now. Bore shows .498 on my HF calipers, which could be off .002. Trying to find a .458 or .457 mold around a 240 to 300g bullet. Have one that is .459 with 400g bullet and is a little large for the sabots I have. Knight recommended using the red sabots with .458 cast bullets in the 240 to 300 g range. Can buy new but asking price for just the blocks is $75 plus shipping. Kind of high if you ask me.

From SW Iowa, and have a 1/4 section leased. Has a creek running through it with timber & brush on both sides, other patches of timber mixed in with a few CRP grass patches. Will see how I get along with the ml load before I spring for the extra license.

Welcome to the group. There's a good bunch of guys here willing to help whenever needed. Enjoy.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, and Congrats on the New Rifle! Great bunch of guy’s here! The inline section is full of knowledgeable guy’s that can no doubt get you in the right direction :yeah:

welcome back..i to am just getting back into it..cartridge rifles are getting boreing :partyman:

Back