Bad Weather Arrives

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0 degrees here this morning for the next few hours then it's gonna slowly drop all day to -5 tonight with 20ish mph winds all day and tonight . we had a little snow this morning too . i think summer is over .

I had to run a package to the mail sub-station in a grocery store an hour ago. It was -11 then and when crossing the parking lot to get in the store the wind had so much snow with it it looked like smoke being carried on the wind. Blue sky above the blowing snow. It felt like I'd stepped into a sandblaster.

our late ml season starts day after Christmas. so hope the deer back in normal again again, they had a good week off from hunting

I guess I'll be spending tomorrow morning up the church salting the parking lots for our Christmas eve service! I don't think there will be enough snow for plowing tho which is OK by me.

Just got in from plowing 12” of snow and 3’ drifts in 30 mph winds. Normally I enjoy this chore but not today with the windchill being -30. My Honda Pioneer handled it fine once I jumped it with my truck. My face mask froze to my beard and I had to run it under hot water when I got in to melt the ice! But hey at least we don’t have poisonous snakes up here…

Not to bad here in NE MI. We got 4-5" of snow, but wet and water underneath from the rain. Plowed it off and it instantly froze. I am SO HAPPY I installed the Inferno heater in the Ranger last summer. It hasn't gotten that cold out here, yet. Down below on the west side of the state, people are NUTS. Accident after accident. They were told to stay off the roads. Pileups of 10+ vehicles and a State Police officer was pushed off the road by a semi.

Down state is colder also. We're at 16° and a niece down state is at 0°. Winds here are at 32mph.

We're officially warmer than yesterday with -5 right now. The wind is something else though. I didn't have to walk the trash bin down the driveway today. As soon as the truck emptied it, it was blown down the driveway almost to the spot I park it by the garage.

On another note: this weather has the local crow population in panic mode and they're thick in town today. I left our south facing garage door open so I could slip out with the pellet rifle and plink one or two when they sit up in my oak. Shoot one and a hundred buzz the fallen. 9 so far. Been good plinking. One was a classic. On the hit it went straight up in the air 15 feet and flew off, wobbly. The wind got it and helped it along about a block when it went straight up again and them locked up and dropped almost a block from the house. No, with the weather and wind chill I did not go retrieve it.

Last edited:
Just got in from plowing 12” of snow and 3’ drifts in 30 mph winds. Normally I enjoy this chore but not today with the windchill being -30. My Honda Pioneer handled it fine once I jumped it with my truck. My face mask froze to my beard and I had to run it under hot water when I got in to melt the ice! But hey at least we don’t have poisonous snakes up here…
I was hunting in Florida last week and stepped over this pigmy rattler. I’m in n/w Iowa now for the late muzzleloader.

Attachments

• 3A028DC0-17B3-4424-A39E-91ED57D66D43.jpeg
    3A028DC0-17B3-4424-A39E-91ED57D66D43.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back