Barnes bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf5348

Reaction score
Was looking at some Barnes bullets
I wonder in 250 gr. Weight which bullet is the correct choice.
245 spit fire mz
250 S F T-EZ
250 SF - TMC

100 yards max.
I wonder anyone have a idea on outside bullet sabot diameter is.
My Thompson center impact has a really tight bore.
I have a little more effort to seat a .503 on a second shot follow up shot.

The “stickey” (bullet+sabot diameter) at the top of the inline section, might be useful to you. Good luck.

100 yards max.
I wonder anyone have a idea on outside bullet sabot diameter is.
My Thompson center impact has a really tight bore.
I have a little more effort to seat a .503 on a second shot follow up shot.
Using the TMZ get some Harvester 35045BYR Boat Tail Sabots they will load easier and you will get what you want

Barnes' Spit-Fire T-EZ muzzleloader bullet in blue sabot 250 gr. Flat Base from i read well suited for Thompson center tight barrels
Opinions ??

I have never used anything more devastating on deer than the Barnes 250 Exapander. Always had an exit wound, even on facing or heavily quartering shots. If my shots were always inside of 100 yards I would have never looked elsewhere.

As with the results mentioned above I have had great success with Barnes bullets but have been shooting 275gr xpb with devastating results on deer. I have not shot any of the lighter ones as of yet.

Carlos of ED's Gun Shop recommended the 250 GR T-EZ bullets and that is what we use.

71kcWdVh.jpg

Barnes' Spit-Fire T-EZ muzzleloader bullet in blue sabot 250 gr. Flat Base from i read well suited for Thompson center tight barrels
Opinions ??

Yes! My Omega along with 4 other Omegas I have set up for family shoot this combo great. I prefer the 290 version personally.

Back