barnes new tipped mz

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've been released. cabelas has them for $18.99 for 24.

They also have them packaged for knight . they are going for $15.99 for a 30 pack.

JD said:

They also have them packaged for knight . they are going for $15.99 for a 30 pack.

Hey JD!

It LOOKS like they have it BUT...try adding it to your cart....7-8 week backorder...

big6x6 said:
JD said:

Hey JD!

It LOOKS like they have it BUT...try adding it to your cart....7-8 week backorder...

That sucks... glad I was just looking and not buying.

dwhunter said:
Same sort of thing at Cabelas with the bonded Shockwaves. :(

They had 'em earlier in the year.. I bought a pile of them them!

dwhunter said:
big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:

I don't think you can even put'em in your cart now. :(

If you REALLY need them it looks as if Bass Pro has them...

big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:
big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:

I don't think you can even put'em in your cart now. :(

If you REALLY need them it looks as if Bass Pro has them...

I don't know about need but more like WANT besides I'm kinda holding out until Midsouth gets some cause they'll be alot cheaper. :wink:

how are the bonded shock waves shooting out of the Elites? Do they make a 200 grain?

Since we're on the subject of Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ's again, I was just wondering since the TMZ is a boattail bullet, will it come with the same yellow MMP sabot that the regular Spit-Fire comes with?? I assume it will and if it don't fit your barrel, then you'll be out of luck as far as changing sabots goes! The problem I had shooting Spit-Fires out of my Savage was they were WAY too hard to load for me! Although they did shoot well, the hard loading wasn't worth it to me. I'm assuming that the TMZ will probably give me the same problem with hard loading. Any thoughts?

This would be a question I bet 'ole Del could answer! :wink: :wink:

They were VERY tight loading in my Savage as well, but the accuracy was great and terminal performance better. As long as I can manage with some work to get the bullet seated, I'll use it if the accuracy, expansion, penetration, and adequate BC are all there. The Spitfire MS was all that, maybe the TMZ will be even more.

The only solution I can imagine would be for MMP, solely or through Barnes, to sell a thinner (like HPH-24) version of the boattail sabot. I wonder whether there would really be a market for them, though, since the vast majority of muzzleloaders just use whatever plastic doo-dad comes in the Walmart package with whatever bullet has the brightest pictures and exagerated ad copy. Then, even among those who do buy their own sabots separately, what proportion are going to have guns with tighter than normal barrels? And then how many of those will be shooting Barnes Spitfires or Spitfire TMZs? Maybe there would be enough. I would certainly give a thinner, boattailed sabot a try.

Mountain Man said:
I would certainly give a thinner, boattailed sabot a try.
Yeah, me too! I would LOVE to try the Spitfire in a thinner sabot in my Savage, but unfortunately, that isn't gonna happen anytime soon I guess! Oh well, I'm moving on to something else anyway, just haven't had the right weather to get out to the range and try it out!

I believe the sabots for the T MZ and Spitzer are made by Del at MMP ( I PMd him about it last week)

Latest posts

Back