Bases for a Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Are the Weaver Grand Slam bases (steel) as good as the Warne bases with Warne rings? I've only found the Warne bases at Brownells for a Knight round reciever for 12 something apiece. I found the Weaver bases for 9 something apiece and was wanting to know if they will work well with my Warne rings. Can't find the Warne anywhere else and the place I bought the ones for my Extreme doesn't carry them anymore.

I recently came into a new Knight and will post about it elsewhere.

Patrick....
To be perfectly honest...you really have no way of knowing which you will get. The ORIGINAL Warne LOW bases are the ones I like which I have also purchased as Weaver Grand Slam bases AND T/C Maxima bases, all for Knight Rifles/Modern Muzzleloading/etc. HOWEVER, the LAST Weaver Grand Slam bases I bought for a Knight were HIGH bases and I have a GREAT dislike for those! In saying ALL this...for the few extra bucks spent..I'd stick with the Warne..

I'm pretty sure i have Leupold QR rings and bases to fit the extreme if you want them? I'm not home now to check, but should be back friday.

Grouse said:
I'm pretty sure i have Leupold QR rings and bases to fit the extreme if you want them? I'm not home now to check, but should be back friday.

Your talking about the non weaver QR bases and rings right? I've got a set of those on my Hawkeye. I don't really care for em. I much prefer the Warne QR rings.

Latest posts

Back