Batchief909

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStanley

Reaction score
Chief took my White Super 91 composite and glass bedded it for me. Looks fantastic and is ROCK solid now! Oh yeah, he didn't charge me nuttin' either.......

Thanks Chief! :prayer:

Can we see some pictures of Batchiefs work?

He is definitely one of the good guys! 8)

Oh hell no!! Don't show the pics!! :shock:

I bedded the 3 lugs for Jackey...as the Carlson stocks are noted for slop in this area (amongst other things) ,,,ie..the barrel lug takes all the punishment and will sometimes bend after repeated abuse from heavy conicals..and usually end up loosening one lug or the other. Jackey's S91 is now snug as a bug and supported by 3 contact points... :wink:

Thanks, Jackey.....it was much easier than typing out the instructions... :wink: :lol:

With Chief's permission 8) 8) :wink:

GlassbeddingSuper91.jpg

You might not be able to see in these photos, but Chief was right. The round lug holes got boogered up some when the barrel lug bent. That extra slop was enough to put stress on the tang and cause that ugly chip (repaired now).
DSC01538.jpg

flounder said:
Lookin good. Have you shot it since the Chief messed with it?

Shuddup, Art.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Oh....thot ya sed messed it up.... :roll: :wink:

flounder said:
Well that's what I meant to say. :D :D

I figured as much.... :lol: :lol: :wink:

I looked thru that peep Jackey has mounted....I couldn't hit YOU at 50 yards.... :shock: 8)

My old eyes need glass..... :( :wink:

I can still hit something with a peep but not like I could with proper optics. The bill allowing scopes in Minnesota died in committee again this year. There are really a lot of people opposed to using scopes during muzzleloader season here.

WE had the same battle here in Wisconsin, keep up with the fight, IMO is if you don't want to shoot with a scope then don't. I bet the most of the ones that don't want it don't even hunt with a ML. :wall: Just my $00.02 cents. :wink:

And I just don't understand the thought process about not using scopes on muzzleloaders. I can see it during a "primitive only" season....but then again....where do you draw the line,,,and who defines what "primitive" or "traditional" means?? I've done all 3....for many years..belonging to a re-enactment group.......and I have to laugh at some of these so-called "experts" who want to push their beliefs onto everyone, thinking their way is the only way...bullpucky. 8)

ANYWAY.....back to the original post about whether I screwed Jackey's gun up or not...... :lol: :shock:

If the tornadoes would quit blowin' through, I'd give that peep sight and my Nikon Prostaff a good workout with about 80gr of T73f and a BS 488. (those suckers shoot real good!)

Back