Be "CAREFUL" on Photobucket

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
Be "CAREFUL" on Photobucket

WARNING"  Be Careful on Photobucket

One of those "phishing scams" attacked me from one of the multitude of ads Photobucket allows.  It seizes your screen and an announcement comes on and says Microsoft has identified a virus on your pc. Your screen is then locked up with the exception of the ability to click on their pop-up screen. 

Don't select anything!! "just shut down your computer", NOT a re-start but a shutdown to get out of it.

I don't pay the premium price for the AD free service so I have to endure so many AD's it's just ridiculous!

Re: Be "CAREFUL" on Photobucket

Thanks Joe, I will be sure to forward this to photobucket.

I have had that problem also with that little pop-up screen that comes out on the bottom left of the screen.  If you click on the "X" to get rid of it, it seizes your screen and won't allow you any functionality.
Very frustrating!

I had the same thing happen to me. Guess I will never post any photos on this forum as I got rid of Photobucket and will never put it back on my computer.  I am partial to most of the forums I belong to just letting you post from your own files . Its a lot easier and never had any problems .

There are other photo-sharing sites but they may be as bad as Photobucket.

I have had that happen on several other sites and also there is a phony pop-up that identifies itself as AVG and tells you to click on it to stop a virus that has just attacked you. Do as Joe says, never click on a pop-up.

I don't know how to do Photobucket or any of the other photo sharing sites. I only post pics on sites that let you use your own files like mark1945 suggested.

-Joe

I've had the same thing happen (several times).  You really don't need to shut down; just his control-alt-delete (to bring up "task Manager") and you can kill it that way.

I'm too computer illiterate to jump through that many hoops.

-Joe

Photobucket has SUCKED....for years!

Use Flickr.....and you'll be happy!

I just signed up with flickr and after having broken picture after my 4th attempt, have already deleted my account. Freakin slow as snot to upload pics as well!

Photobucket is getting hate mail like crazy, and Im about to send on my 3rd hate mail this week and its only Wednesday!

These places are a pure joke any more.

Jon,  Give "My Hosted Pics" a try.  I used the service to post the last few pictures I've done.  It's easy and fast, I will never go back to Photobucket again.  I'm done with that site.

FrontierGander said:
I just signed up with flickr and after having broken picture after my 4th attempt, have already deleted my account. Freakin slow as snot to upload pics as well!

Photobucket is getting hate mail like crazy, and Im about to send on my 3rd hate mail this week and its only Wednesday!

These places are a pure joke any more.
You're NOT doing something right on Flickr!

32466676081_2124d2847e_b.jpg
Hawken Caplock Accuracy by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Put that up in less than a minute!!

I've noticed Photobucket has not been very user-friendly recently.

i thought photo bucket was awful.    Then tried a couple other hosting sites.  Got thrown off both because of photos of dead animals.   Someone raised holy hades because of a photo of dead hogs in a trap. 

So it was back to photo bucket:  Paid the fee and get very little hassle.

Shame on you Falcon for exterminating an invasive species that is rooting up the landscape, impacting the quail, turkey, deer populations and is a potential health threat to our streams and ponds with bacteria and parasites.  :D

Back