Bear Cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbasin

Reaction score
Here are a few of the better bear photos off my trail cam from this springs hunt. Enjoy.

DSC00296-1.jpg

DSC00301-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

DSC00416-1-1.jpg

DSC00432-1.jpg

DSC00289-2.jpg

DSC00295-1.jpg

Central Idaho.

I picked a good year to finally go digital...I had almost 200 images in 2 weeks. :shock:

nice pictures i sure would hate to walk up on any of those , especially without a gun.

Nice bear there.. both are nice. I really like the brown one. They make a really nice mount. Even if it were not the biggest I think I would take that one.

As for walking up on them, it will make the hair stand right up on your ... head. I was guiding for a fellow one year, running a bait line. Every day I baited the same five bait stations. The fourth station I began to notice that as I walked in, a large bear was standing in the brush waiting for me to dump. He must have heard the four wheeler coming through the woods and to him that was the dinner bell. From where I parked, I still had about a 1/2 mile hike through the woods. I got so concerned, I started hauling a .357 magnum with me after that.

I had a monster boar coming in to the first station and told the guy about it. I even set ribbons for him so he could judge size. He ended up shooting the first bear that walked in instead of waiting for the big one. His was still 285 gutted, but I am sure the one he passed on would have been well over 500 pounds.

Dog hunters ended up moving that bear and it finally got tired of running and turned. I heard that two dogs got taken out by that big fellow. And they never did get it stopped long enough to shoot.

I got so concerned, I started hauling a .357 magnum with me after that.
No kidding i read and hear all these stories about bear attacks and i dont understand why more people will not carry protection with them when they go outdoors.

Where i live now we have black bears, not known to get really big or aggresive. One morning i walked up on a mamma and the cub and i have to say i was pretty worried. They didnt bother me but all i had was the muzzle loader one shot to make it right. After that i always carry a side arm with me. I saw a tv show two guys were out and about and they ran into a polar bear. The bear attacked one guy and the other started shooting it with a .22 revolver. well not a good choice of caliber for that big fella. They ended up finding both guys dead and a live polar bear with a bunch of .22 shots in it. Its like swimming, the chances of being eaten by a shark are slim but it crosses my mind every time i have to get into the water.

Latest posts

Back