been doing some shooting with my colt conversions.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
been doing some shooting with my colt conversions.

the other day i shot some factory rounds 45 long colt in my 1848 dagoon conversion. man is that gun accurate even with full factory loads in the howell converter. i always have on of my guns loaded at easy access if trouble should come to my yard. it is the 1848 dragoon that is easy access that is loaded. it just seems to point and aim it self with out a miss. my ruger tuned 45 long colt bisley is the hardest to hit with and get on target. the 1848 dragoon i can be half asleep and scared and it still will hit what i want to hit. sam colt really was good at making a handgun that was good to use when it was needed. all my open tops feel so much better than the full framed ones. today when i mowed my huge yard my ruger LCR 38 special was in my pocket if needed. that ruger is another story. very light weight and very easy to shoot and very very accurate. as for me, best little modern revolver on the market. my daughters marine boy friend also said it is the best hand gun he has ever fired as to getting on target and hitting what your aiming at. RUGER LCR, check it out.

Re: been doing some shooting with my colt conversions.

Good to hear the conversion cylinder is working out for you.

I need to look at the Ruger LCR. I normally carry a S&W642 Airweight. It is a joy to carry,but not much fun to shoot even with standard pressure 38 Special.

i can say nothing bad about the lcr, love it and it is accurate. my daughters boyfriend who is a marine says he loves it also for the ease of handling and the fast to target and accuracy.

still shooting mu uberti colt conversions when i get the urge. man are they fun to shoot.

Back