Best Fish Hook Extractor????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Anyone ever use The Fish Hook Extractor?? Whats your favorite??? I have used the Hook Out & Boga Grip but this one seems to be pretty good per my reading reviews etc. & best of all appears to significantly lesson chance of harm to fish! Catch/release Stripers is my main use. Early season striper throughbacks are common in lower susquehanna & sure hate to harm if at all possible.

Cabelas carrys them as do others. They come in 8 1/2" & 15" sizes.

i011776sq03.jpg

100% guaranteed. U.S. patented hook extractor, is built to remove even the most difficult and stubborn hooks from the mouths of fish or more importantly, deep from its throat. Environmentally Acknowledged for less harm to fish. This is far superior (not pliers).
Fish Hook Extractor Frees fingers from potential hazards and Reduces the need to cut line. It also helps you avoid sharp teeth, rough mouths, stinging, biting fish and accidental self hooking. It?s one of a kind, Top Performance Action actually rotates hooks out of fish for fast, and safe release. Save your Hook, Line and Time.
It is constructed of 100%, never rusting, stainless steel backed by an unconditional lifetime guarantee. 8 1/2" or 15" long.

I still prefere a set of long needle nose pliers.

My 2nd choice is a set of surgical hemostats.

Hey Loggy, How does that work for those tough mouthed fish like cats? Do you grab the hook and push it down? Do you think the small size would work for 10/0 Octopus hooks?

peteo said:
Hey Loggy, How does that work for those tough mouthed fish like cats? Do you grab the hook and push it down? Do you think the small size would work for 10/0 Octopus hooks?

:) Hi peteo. No experience yet. Just got the 9" size. Very heavily made & likely will handle anything includin an Octo 9/0. The larger would be for very big fish. Going out Monday for the ocean White Perch Run happening now on Lower Susquehanna & also plan to put some heavy equipment in action for some channels.

Back