Best lube???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossback

Reaction score
I have some No Excuses in .503 460 grain and the lube is dry and flaked off most of the bullets. I would love to order some #2 lube from the Bull Shop but my season opens on the 15th! What lube do you guys like best?

I make a solid lube.. but if you need something in a hurry, there is bore butter. You can say what you want, but bore butter is not a bad lube. I would just roll them concials in your finger with some bore butter and fill in the spots that are missing lube if they are bad.

Another vote for TC bore butter. I've also used crisco before and it works. Bore butter is convenient, Crisco is cheap. You decide!

Good wintertime lube

I have made a lube useing Mink Oil shoe dressing, a lard-like paste and Easy Go hand cleaner (no abrasives in it).. mix 50/50 warm it up till liquid in the Micro-wave. (wait till your spouse is gone). I use it for wintertime patch lube in my Flint Lock rifles.. never need to wipe between shots.. HTH Les

Chief

I had a couple bricks of Dan's Bull Shops super secret NASA lube - so I am sending one of those over to him - shoot he is only one state border away... That stuff realy seems to be goot.

sabotloader said:
Chief

I had a couple bricks of Dan's Bull Shops super secret NASA lube - so I am sending one of those over to him - shoot he is only one state border away... That stuff realy seems to be goot.

Yep.. 8) As soon as my beeswax supply runs out,,,,I'm gonna hafta hit Dan up for some. It's good stuff,,fer sure.... :wink:

Never did like the lube they used on the NEs...it always seemed to just ...fall off.

Thanks again...After reading on DWBS board, I didn't know what kind of response I would get if I posted this kind of question :oops: :shock: :eek:

I do - but you would also get a few serious answers.

Got a problem with that? :D Don't want to cause you any issues.

WOW...Thank you again I'll send ya something in return...Thank you again..Matthew :D

Latest posts

Back