Best place for knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotehunter243

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy a knight ultra lite? Local store has them but they have then listed at the same price as knight.

My last few I got from either sportmans guide (if they could beat knight price) or direct from knight. the knight dealers closest to me had higher than knight direct. A lot of this is, what I wanted (usually a mountaineer, or ultra lite) was rarely ever a sale item or special. Knight usually gives free shipping. Most of the time, the used market is often a better deal. Just watch all the fine print, and try for something with a return policy. Then, at worst your out the shipping only. Too many people dont know how to clean a muzzleloader, and some people's idea of clean bore leaves a bit to the imagination. I usually try to contact the seller before closing, and judge character and knowledge from that bit of communication. Used sight unseen (maybe photos) are always a bit of a leap of faith.

Muley Hunter said:
You'll get faster shipping if you buy from anybody but Knight.

I've bought a couple rifles from them in the last year and always had it within a week with free shipping, no sales tax and free cleaning kit.

Consider yourself lucky. I waited for 10 days once for a gun, and it still hadn't shipped yet. I was fed up, and cancelled.

I've shopped around for an Ultra Lite a few different times. Every time I've found the cheapest place to be Sportsman's Warehouse, and often times can google a free shipping discount code.

Well gentlemen...I just purchased an ultralite knight from sportsmanswarehouse and it is back at factory being looked over because I couldnt get the muskets to fire and many pulls on the trigger to get a #11 to ignite...
My only suggestion is to check the serial number...if it is below 000600 you better figure you are going to have to ship back to knight for a looksee...
Now..I have no problem buying the gun at sportsmanswarehouse....but if you do it may have a problem....
If two weeks of waiting is to agrivating for you....wait til you buy it and cant use it... I am frustrated as heck....I want to shoot it...
The only good thing about it being at knight right now....it is snowing and I am busy plowing and shoveling......but it sure beats all the rain I used to see in oregon...
HAVE A GOOD DAY...

Sorry to hear that. I love my Knights, and have several both new and old. I have to cringe at these problems lately. Its very out of character for them, and just all around upsetting.

Well I did get word from Knight today...my UL is next "In-line"..to be evaluated by their pro....just a little more time...and hopefully no more snow for awhile...
Good Days will be here again soon...

Back