BEST POWDER MEASURE FOR FIELD AND RANGE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
What are your opinions as to what is the best powder measure for 777, pyrodex etc.???? AND WHY?

bilyyzink

3 pellets T7 load range and field. I am sure that will change once I settle onto a range and work a load correctly as the boys have taught me here. I would assume on using the same load in the reange as field.

I agree with this measure. Just check your local WalMart for the powder measure before paying $18 or so. They often carry the EXACT measure labeled "Field" something,,(can't remember exactly what it was),for $7 or $8. I have the "TC labeled" brand,,and the WalMart brand. They are IDENTICAL!

No,

When you pick up your u-view, also get the funnel cap that screws onto your powder bottle. Usually red.

This eliminates the need for a flask and keeps your powder from absorbing so much moisture between uses.

7223Medium.jpg

I just picked up 2 of the Flint River clear measures for $5 at Wally World. Powder lid funnels were $1.

oldwun said:
I just picked up 2 of the Flint River clear measures for $5 at Wally World. Powder lid funnels were $1.
ARE THEY THE SAME THING AS THE TC?

Picked up 2 Flint River speed loaders at WallyWorld last week and they're embossed T/C.

Every Flint River item I have picked up is marked T/C so I am sure they are the same thing.

This Powder Measure will become very popular once the Blackhorn 209 powder hits the shelves. Being it won't be available in pellets and the benefits from using it will be very good as soon as many here can try it and report back what others have been reporting so far.

Now I just have to use up all those pyrodex and T7 pellets so I can make the switch and figure out how to use this powder measure once the Blackhorn 209 is readily available just hoping the cost is not that much more time will tell???

LFM

oldwun said:
THERE DOWN TO $2.50 NOW AT WALLYWORLD!!!

Back