BH 209 & clear plastic tubes & flask?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

Reaction score
I have used 2 bottles of BH 209. I noticed right away when using a TC UView flask that it always seems like the little powder pellets cling to the sides of the flask, kind of like static. I didn't think too much of it, until I was preparing for rifle season (muzzleloader for me) and the same thing happens to my plastic reloading tubes. It make it extremely difficult to load the powder in the barrel. The only thing I could get to work a little was take one lid off and use my thumb and shake the tube, but that even did not work completely. Interestly enough, I have couple colored plastic reloaders (buffalo company, I believe) and the powder does not stick to these. Is there something I could be doing to cause this and does anyone have any ideas to solve this problem.

thanks,

Jay

That same thing has also happened to me using BH209 and also with smokeless powders for my Savage 10ML.From a post here awhile ago,someone suggested using DRYER SHEETS used for controlling static.Wipe the inside of the tubes with them and it works like a charm. :D

thanks, great idea. I apologize... I did search for links to answer this question before posting and could'nt find anything.

thanks again,

Jay

you can also wash with dish detergent and let dry! Works great!

Back