BH 209 , don't like it ......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
I love it !!!!!!!!!! :D :lol:

Shot the BH 209 in my S.S. Encore .
Only shot 15 rounds and each load went down the barrel as easy as the first one . My encore liked 95 grains better than 90. I shot 300 grain XTP mags and Winchester primers . My eyes are definitely not as good as they use to be , with open sights i could only see the target or the sight but not both very well . :oops: Bifocals just don't hack it !! Time for a 1x scope .This was only at 50 yards and until i get a scope , it would be a waste of time trying to group anything at 100 yards . I feel that if i had a 1x scope i could have put all 5 shots in the same hole . :shock: Clean up with the BH 209 was AMAZING , cleaned the breech plug without solvent , just wiped it clean with a cloth. Three wet patches and one dry and the barrel was spotless. The first two patches almost cleaned the barrel good enough . :shock: That's what i use to do with Pyrodex between each shot. :shock: I had no blow by whatsoever. I feel that i could have shot this stuff all day and never needed to clean the barrel . As long as the BH209 is available i will not use anything else . :D :D

The shot at 4 o'clock was all me , i knew the minute i pulled ( jerked ) :roll: the trigger that it was going there . I also forgot to bring a tool to adjust the sight.

209powder33.jpg

209powder.jpg

Good shooting. I know what you mean about the eyes, I have the same problem. I'm just glad scopes are legal here in NY. Just about all my guns are wearing some type of optics, except my skeet , trap, and ccw's. Been like that for about 15 years. Sucks buts its another factor in the game of life.

shooting

Hell man I know guys that can't shoot that well under 100 yards and with a scope. Thanks for that report!

It seems every one that gives it a fair try likes it, above and beyond the easy of use the inherant accuracy that eleminates the flyers that seemed unexplainable before really helps.
THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE SUPPLY AND DEMAND PROBLEM I SEE A SHORTAGE COMING ABOUT HUNTING SEASON.
I bet they will sell all they have made and the analize the stats for a bout say 6 months before they even think about running any more.

Lee 9 said:
It seems every one that gives it a fair try likes it, above and beyond the easy of use the inherant accuracy that eleminates the flyers that seemed unexplainable before really helps.
THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE SUPPLY AND DEMAND PROBLEM I SEE A SHORTAGE COMING ABOUT HUNTING SEASON.
I bet they will sell all they have made and the analize the stats for a bout say 6 months before they even think about running any more.

I need to get a few more tubs ASAP !!!!!!!!!

My nearest Sportsman's warehouse is all out of the BH 209 .
They can't keep it in stock , it's selling like crazy . So I just order some online and payed the haz-mat fee . Cheaper than driving 90 miles round trip to the nearest BH 209 dealer. Ouch 88.00 $$$$ for two tubs !!! But that should last me through both the deer and Elk hunting seasons and a bunch of practice .

I ordered a case and am down to 7 cans left but a friend is wanting some and I told him I would take half a case if he wanted to order a case; now if I set two cans aside for hunting I should be ok for this year. I guess I just must shoot to much. {if thats possable}

omegaman said:
2 cans for hunting? Are you planning to hunt all 50 states :lol:

No , i wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to go out of state and shoot a white tail . I have never even seen one in person . I may do some coyote hunting with my muzzy this year . I also like to do a bunch of practice in the foothills near my home after i get my gun sighted in . Random shots at unknown yardage . I hate Paper targets but enjoy shooting at stumps , dirt clods or anything the size of a paper plate or smaller . I also empty my gun at the end of each day during hunting season . I just do not trust leaving powder in the gun when going back and forth from a warm truck to freezing cold and then come home and put the guns in the warm house . Just my luck i would get enough condensation mixed in with the powder and have it not shoot . So i empty and clean my muzzy good at the end of each day . Plus i also need to sight in my sons new Omega . So i think the 3 cans i have should do . I also do not trust being able to get any BH 209 as soon as the word get out how good it is . :shock:

No only 4, but I like to check "0" every time I travel and when I change
elevation I like to check at 50 ,100 and 150; some times when you go higher the arc flattens some. Lee

I put a 1x Sightron scope on my Encore :D looking forward to using it .

tcscope.jpg

Latest posts

Back