BIGGEST DAAAARN BEAR I'VE EVER SEEN!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Or so I thought.....................

Its almost dark and I'm working on the computer/TV sharing stuff and just happen to look out back towards the bird feeders. HOLY SMOKES.... it looked at first like a MONSTER bear.
After I got my wits about me, I grabbed the camera.
Just about every animal in this state, short of an elk, we've seen out back. Well this tops them all...........

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

I posted the photos on the local FB page and immediately received a response. Seems the horse was purchased from a rescue place and has been gone from the owner for a number of days. It won't come when called, likely the new owner says from the abuse it previously went through. They are going to leave it be tonight but, tomorrow morning they plan on riding horses themselves to catch her. Owner says if other horses are around she'll be easy to halter.

I'm telling you folks, its darn hard tell'n what might show up around here!

Punchline: "You can have your elk/bear, just let me get my saddle!"

I have a horse, one of many in my life, that refuses to be caught.
But horses need a leader, no matter how independent they seem to be.
The way I catch him is to approach not far away 20-50 feet, before he starts to move away, and turn my back to him, just glancing over my shoulder not quite looking at him and walk a few paces away. If he doesn't move towards me, just a step, I back towards him and repeat. Once he makes that step, I'll continue to glance back. I may have to repeat the backing towards him a few times. It takes some time, but 99% of the time, once he commits, he will come to me.
My daughter can catch him this way in half the time that I can for some reason. Go figure.

That would be the equivalent of an elk in the freezer. Just saying. I'd grain feed it for a few days, and if the owner did not retrieve it, um, um, good.

That would be the equivalent of an elk in the freezer. Just saying. I'd grain feed it for a few days, and if the owner did not retrieve it, um, um, good.
Most horses are given wormer that makes them unfit for human consumption at least for a while.

My father-in-law was herding 3000 sheep in the mountains as a young boy. They gave him a .22 to kill anything that might eat the sheep. He had a bear coming in and eating a sheep almost every night. He butchered a sheep as bait and sat up waiting for the bear. Of course he didn't have a lashlight, so he built up the fire. All he could see was the eyes, so he aimed right between them. When he walked up to it, it turned out to be the rancher's mule. That man lived a hard life, and lived to be 93. He had some good stories.

Or so I thought.....................

Its almost dark and I'm working on the computer/TV sharing stuff and just happen to look out back towards the bird feeders. HOLY SMOKES.... it looked at first like a MONSTER bear.
After I got my wits about me, I grabbed the camera.
Just about every animal in this state, short of an elk, we've seen out back. Well this tops them all...........

View attachment 21497
It looks like a bluegill to me. Over the years, I've passed up on many such opportunities.
View attachment 21498

I posted the photos on the local FB page and immediately received a response. Seems the horse was purchased from a rescue place and has been gone from the owner for a number of days. It won't come when called, likely the new owner says from the abuse it previously went through. They are going to leave it be tonight but, tomorrow morning they plan on riding horses themselves to catch her. Owner says if other horses are around she'll be easy to halter.

I'm telling you folks, its darn hard tell'n what might show up around here!

Back