Binocular strap...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I want a good binocular strap/harness for my Leica Geovid. I ordered a Cabelas Pro Binocular Harness and have it right here in Athens, AL BUT...it is TOTALLY unacceptable! :x Just wanted to know what you all have experience with concerning this type of item.. Many thanks! 8)

I've been thinking of getting one for my rangefinder since I don't use binos. No good huh?

I've got a bino harness made by nikon. its got to be similar. I love the thing. whats wrong with it?

elkstalkr said:
I've got a bino harness made by nikon. its got to be similar. I love the thing. whats wrong with it?

FIRST...NO INSTRUCTIONS! Now, I'm not THAT stupid and I'm pretty good at figuring MOST things out... :lol: They LOOK like they are using either a couple of rings(similar to one of the most used key-ring of all time) OR WIRE TIES to attach the binocular/rangefinder to the strap. It completely looks like a jacked-up outfit..

IndianaHunter said:
Chuck, I have a harness by IPI, Inovative Products Inc, on my Nikon Monarch's and it works very well.

http://www.archerywarehouse.com/binoaccess.htm

Pat

Pat...That one I REALLY like! Not only does it keep your binoculars/rangefinder from flopping around it protects them from the enviroment as well. It's going to be on its way to Athens, AL. Thanks!

big6x6 said:
I ordered a Cabelas Pro Binocular Harness and have it right here in Athens, AL BUT...it is TOTALLY unacceptable! :x Just wanted to know what you all have experience with concerning this type of item..

Hey Chuck, I have the exact same item you are referring to! They have worked very well for me on a pair of Pentax binos. I carry them with the harness mostly for spring turkey hunting when I expect to do a lot of walking. The Cabela's strap is made by Crooked Horn Outfitters. The only complaint I would have is the zip ties that they give you to attach the split rings with......I thought that was a pretty cheap way of going about it! I couldn't think of a better way of doing it, but I did use a little heavier black zip tie than they provided and they do work OK. The harness DOES make walking and carrying binos MUCH more comfortable without the side-to-side swinging you usually get with just a neck strap. Anyway, that's my experience with them!

On my Crocked Horn strap I attatched the split ring straight to my Nikon's and did not use the the tie wraps.It seems to work fine. :idea:

With the cost of the Leica's Iwould use a log chain and 2 padlock's-but really I have used the crooked horn carry strap for 2 years now and have went fom regular wind river bino's to the rb800 and love it-did put some bigger zip ties though,just my 2 cents.
cliff

Latest posts

Back