BK-92 Questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
I have just came up with a new 50 cal. BK-92 - not in the box but from all appearances it has never been fired!

I know the rifle is less expensive version of the MK... but it was still built under the supervision of Tony Knight, so I am thinking the less expensive items on the gun are the sights - trigger guard - stock while the barreled receiver remains manufactured to T Knight specifications.

BK-92.jpg

Questions...

1. The barrel is not a Green Mountain barrel. and from what I can find it must be a Numrich barrel. It does have a large "N" stamped on the underside of the receiver.

2. Are the receiver and the barrel 1 piece or is the barrel screwed into to the MK style receiver as the early MK's were?

I have it on the work bench now getting it ready to shoot for the first time... I have treated the bore with Bore Tek, Changed out the plastic front sights and added a Williams FP peep sight.

Naturally! Williams does not produce the flat top 'Knight' peep base - FP any longer so I have a Legend on it temporarily or maybe permanently... I will have to drill and tap the reciever if I go this way. Not a big problem at all. BUT, I may have a line on a real 'Knight' model FP. I checked all of the online spots that I normally go on.

Reciever.jpg

Williams_FP.jpg

Williams_Front.jpg

Atter I get this all done I might even swap out stocks for a thumbhole composite...

The plan is to get this rifle worked up for my hunting partners grandson... it will make an excellent starter for him.

O - thanks Sqezer!

I honestly don't know if they are 2 piece or not what I can tell you Ive owned 3 of them and 2 of them had badly pitted barrels and were still very accurate.. The 3rd one was a .54 cal. and I gave it to a friends son for his first muzzleloader, it shot PB very accurately with 80 gr of pyrodex. I think they are just as good as a MK-85 other then the few cheap substituted parts, triggers on all of mine were excellent.. I believe all mine had Numerich barrels as they all had the N stamped on them.

dbowling said:
I honestly don't know if they are 2 piece or not what I can tell you Ive owned 3 of them and 2 of them had badly pitted barrels and were still very accurate.. The 3rd one was a .54 cal. and I gave it to a friends son for his first muzzleloader, it shot PB very accurately with 80 gr of pyrodex. I think they are just as good as a MK-85 other then the few cheap substituted parts, triggers on all of mine were excellent.. I believe all mine had Numerich barrels as they all had the N stamped on them.

Thank you for the information - really appreciate it...

Back