Accura LRX/MRX Williams western precision.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcreek

Reaction score
I can't be certain yet as I have to hit the range to verify, but I think I found a good solution to the elevation adjustment issue many are having with this combination. I know williams has come out with a FP rear sight that is supposed to solve the issue however I can't find them anywhere in stock. After months of messing with this muzzloader and trying to gain as much elevation with shims as I could and still being 5-6" low on POI at 100 yards I was ready to give up and go back to my old optima. I took the factory scope rail that came with my rifle, saw that the rear section would fit the rear sight of the williams western precision sight if the picatinny ridges weren't there. So I filed them down, filed down the edges of the williams rear sight to have a flat mounting surface, found a longer 6-32 screw and drilled and tapped the scope base to mount the rear peep sight. I'm going to hit the range this weekend to see if it is resolved but I don't see why this won't work. Gained me about a 1/4" of elevation from factory which is what I was approaching with all the janky shims and was getting close.20231117_110154.jpgimagejpeg_0(36).jpg20231117_154651.jpg

I had to get a lower front sight from Williams and a taller rear ramp for my Accura. It shot inherently low. With the taller rear I may be able to use my front western precision sight now.

Attachments

• IMG_6871.jpeg
    IMG_6871.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6872.jpeg
    IMG_6872.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back