Black .50 cal sabots for .45 cal bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If case anyone is interested...here are some various black sabots all designed for .45 bullets. Initially they can be hard to tell apart, but hopefully the pics and description below will help. The pics aren't the greatest but hopefully better than nothing. For you veterans this is probably old news, but I have the pics so figured I should put them to use.

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

The first is the short black MMP. It will be the shortests of the 4, it will have the mold number written by hand, and have a smooth shoulder. The shoulder is what you see when the sabot is upside down according to my "terminology."

The second is the HPH12, it will have a stepped shoulder and the mold number will be written by hand.

The third is the HPH24, it will have the stepped shoulder and a stamped mold number.

The fourth is the short black harvester. It will have a smooth shoulder but a stamped mold number.

Good stuff younghunter_86!

I guess I never noticed it until your pic, but the the diameter of the ring up in the base of the cup of the HPH12 and HPH24 are different. The HPH24 has a narrower band (or larger diameter inner circle) between the circle and the first step, the HPH12 has a wider band (or smaller diameter circle) between the circle and first step. I always measured the thickness of the petals to determine which one it was. I did notice that some of the numbers were hand scribed and some were stamped though. :wink:

Thanks, I learned something new today. :D

The Harvesters also have the little filler from the injection molding process in the base of the cup, the MMP's are on the side.

Same here! I didn't know that info EITHER! :oops: Thanks for bringing that to our attention! GREAT info!

Back