Blue Dot's CROSSVILLE, TN HOG HUNT: March 31-April 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
I know there are some here that are booked for Blue Dots March 31-April 3 Crossville Hog Hunt w/Loshboughs including myself.

Just wonder what guns you all plan on taking & when you expect to arrive??

I plan to take only 50 calibers of course. :lol: Where im at right now it will be my White Super 91 .504 and my TC PA Hunter Flintlock.

I plan to leave early 3/31 (Friday) and be there about 5-6PM give or take.

I hunted at Loshbough's last April & had one outstanding hunt & stay there. For those of you making your first trip to Crossville you are in for a great time & those that have been there before know whut I mean!

I really look forward to meeting you all & popping some pork! :lol:

hi only rifle i plan on is my ml1 may stick the .357 in for kicks clint

I plan on being there between 2 and 3pm Friday. Bringing one of the White .504s (probably the Lightning) and my Marlin 45/70, along with my .357 Python.

Hopefully Myself, John B. and Dave O. will get there early in the afternoon on Friday (depending on how low we fly..... 8) ) I'll bring my Stainless ML-II, shooting the same load as last year (Barnes 300 gr. .458"), a Tarus Raging Bull in .480 for backup (if necessary) and my .257 Wby Mag for another critter (looking at a Texas Dall, but the horns gotta be full curl+).

If I see that same hog that John and I saw AFTER both our hogs were on the ground, I won't have any second thoughts about shooting it. We both are kicking ourselves that we didn't shoot it and split the cost. It made my 300# hog look tiny!

Susie said 13 are reserved as of this morning, I expect at least 2 more, but there is room for 17 total.

Blue-Dot-37.5

I may strap my Browning HP 9MM on... not to hunt with but as a back-up. With 14 round firepower spittin 147 grain Hornady HP/XTP's... a wounded Hog may decide Daniel is better eating than ole Loggy! :lol:

I know its just a tad under the .357 minimum at .355 but it wouldnt be my hunting weapon. Last year when Daniel & I were chasing those hogs with the hounds I noticed He didnt carry a weapon so thats why I'm thinkin of carrying my HP 9. I have shot thousands thru it over the years & I know whut it can do...especially in close within a hogs breath range! :lol:

Loggy:

One of the guides told me of a hunter that used a 10mm pistol last year, or the year before that. You should ask Daniel how many times that hog needed to be shot! I forget how many times, but it was at least one reload's worth! The guide didn't think very highly of the 10mm........

Blue-Dot-37.5

BD,

Looks like at least a 2 clipper! :lol:

My 9 would be strickly a back-up as said likely not needed. Last year i carried nuttin as back-up. I'm hoping that a first hit from either a 460 grain .504 No Excuse or a 300 grain .452 HP/XTP (pending gun carried) should at least have the hog to the point that a lil 9MM pee shooter will do. Beats running! :lol:

Ive seen many 500 pound plus domestic hogs killed(dropped in their tracks) with a lil .22 cal. rimfire short...a carefully placed shot though. Its all about shot placement for sure! :lol:

Wish all you fellows good luck on your hunt.
I was checking out their web site and wasn't much info on their hog hunts,are these free rangeing hog hunts,or fenced?
A group of us here have a hunt planned for first week in may this year in SC. I plan on useing my savage there.took a nice one there last year but was with a 270wsm.Took one with a bow several years ago in NC.Carried my savage 3 years ago but the only hog I saw was before day light ,so wouldn't shoot.
We're thinking about trying Ga. or Tenn next year.

I was checking out their web site and wasn't much info on their hog hunts,are these free rangeing hog hunts,or fenced?

The hogs are fenced, that's a Tennessee state law. Of course it's a HUGE fence! :D

burnt3d:

Here ya go.

The hunt will be $500.00 plus tax. It includes 3-4 nights lodging, booking deposit, guide fee, field dressing and removal from the field (and to the processor if needed) and firearm loan if needed. Food isn't included, but there will be a catered dinner Sat. night. All the fun is no charge! No license needed, no-kill no-pay. Big 6x6 is right, it is fenced, I believe Daniel told me last year that the boar is fenced in a 600 acre area. Average wt. of the boars is 200#. Tim, I think there are a few spots left. Call Susie with your CCard and put down a $100.00 deposit if interested. Check with her to see how many spots are left. Check in time is anytime after 10:00 a.m. on Friday March 31, check out time is anytime on Monday, April 3rd or earlier. There are other exotics available, they deduct $50.00 from the price for a 2nd animal. Their phone # is 931-788-5408

Blue-Dot-37.5

say ive got some questions about the hog hunt. how manyitmes a year do you guys plan a hunt? how much does a mount cost? how much do they charge for custom processing ie- cut up the hog to your specs, wrap, and freeze? what do you guys do about meals? cook? go out to restaurants? Tim

This hog hunt is turning out to be an annual thing. Mounts (hog) are $325.00 (plus shipping if necessary). Processing is $75.00, and we went out for lunch and dinner. Cereal is just fine for me unless Loggy's cooking, then I'll join him! Town (Crossville) is 15 minutes away if I remember correctly.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
This hog hunt is turning out to be an annual thing. Mounts (hog) are $325.00 (plus shipping if necessary). Processing is $75.00, and we went out for lunch and dinner. Cereal is just fine for me unless Loggy's cooking, then I'll join him! Town (Crossville) is 15 minutes away if I remember correctly.

Blue-Dot-37.5

If I had better liability insurance I may opt for cooking. :lol:

It likely will be cereal for me too. They have full range, fridge, micro etc. Last year for lunches I just brought sandwich meat, snacks etc. For my Evening meal it was Budweiser & Lunch leftovers. :lol:

Loggy, I don't mind cooking if you direct! :lol:

Susie said that it's Prime Rib and Chicken on Sat night 6-6:30 p.m.

Blue-Dot-37.5

.504 Super 91 as of right now. Only gun I have scoped and truely ready at the moment. As long as my stock gets back from B&C in time..... :shock:

Chief,

Glad to hear it looks like Super 91 will be totin a .504 this hunt!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back