Bore polishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firestick

Reaction score
The first 6" of the bore need polishing on the rifle I just finished. It is extremely hard to get a ball started plus a very hard drag until it gets past that 6" then smooth as butter. What do you use to polish bores? I may need to ease the crown as well.

This, I specifically designed it to smooth out new and old rough bores. Just soak a dry patch, swirl it to gather up the polishing media, load, shoot, repeat.

Shoot out! patch lube and bore enhancer. Check out the classifieds for the ad I have up.
shoot_12.jpg

But I only need the first 6" of the bore polished. The rest of the bore is smooth and loads very nice even after 20 shots. I almost need a hammer to get the ball started and really whack on the short starter to get it down the barrel far enuf to take over with the ram rod.

I’ve used shoot out in several of my rifles both new and old. Works really well. You will burns some powder, but you keep the volume low anyway so the polishing patch reaches deeper to the breech. The only downside to it is that if you loan your bottle to your buddy, you’ll never see it again!

Latest posts

Back