'Bout Time VA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarpicva

Reaction score
HB127 Patron: Edward T. Scott - all patrons
Use of muzzleloading pistols. Allows persons to hunt big game with muzzleloading pistols of a caliber of .45 or greater where and in those seasons when the use of muzzlelooading rifles is permitted. The bill authorizes the Board of Game and Inland Fisheries to adopt regulations that specify the types of muzzleloading pistols and projectiles and propellants that can be used. The bill contains technical amendments

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I have been seeking this for years. Hopefully these legislators will be able to trust the VDGIF to implement this.

It also appears that VA is posed to allow Sunday hunting. Its way beyond time!

Certainly is time. Keeping me off my own land for hunting has gone on long enough. Especially when you could go and shoot any gun you like all day long on Sunday. Silly people.

Virginia's Sunday hunting bill only requires the governors' signature to become law and he says he will sign. I am really excited - unfortunately I may be relocating out of state shortly - sometimes you just can not win.

Overview of Virginia Sunday hunting bill:

Hunting on Sundays Law Goes Through Normal Regulation Amendment Process – Law Becomes Effective on July 1, 2014
Up Date

On February 18, 2014, HB1237, “Hunting on Sundays” passed through the House of Delegates by a 71-27 vote and was then passed by the Virginia Senate in January by a vote of 28-11. The Bill was signed by Governor McAuliffe on March 5. The new Hunting on Sunday law will now go through the regular Hunting Regulation Amendment process along with other hunting regulation related laws passed in this year's Legislative Session. The Department is working to develop recommendations to adapt the new opportunity to hunt on Sunday, as well as other wildlife regulations. The Regulation Review and Amendment process will take place over the next couple months. Final seasons and dates will be posted on the Department's website July 1st, as well as in the new 2014-2015 Hunting and Trapping in Virginia Guides available statewide on August 1st.

The Summary language for the Sunday Hunting Law is as follows:

HB1237: Allows hunting on Sundays under certain circumstances. A person may hunt waterfowl, subject to restrictions imposed by the Director of the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, and a landowner and his immediate family or a person with written permission from the landowner may hunt or kill any wild bird or wild animal, including nuisance species, on the landowner's property. However, the aforementioned hunting activities cannot occur within 200 yards of a house of worship. The bill prohibits the hunting of deer or bear with a gun, firearm, or other weapon with the aid or assistance of dogs.

From the Virginia Outdoor Report

That is great news. I hope other states such as the Carolinas see fit to do the same. Wait. Never mind the Carolinas. My home state and neighboring states but I am not sure if I will hold my breath on that one.

Latest posts

Back