Breech plug bushing installation

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
Anyone still taking a Savage ventliner BP and installing the hardened carbide bushing instead? If so could one supply contact information etc. Thanks

I actually have 5 new SS bushing plugs. They vary somewhat among themselves and with the originals. I am lazy I guess and did not want to have to "headspace" the new ones because of the difference in lengths. I have all the necessary equipment and have done it many times on new barrel installations but was hoping to just plug and go with the old one with a bushing. The little I shoot them now I could just replace ventliners, that might be the easiest all around.

(snipped) The little I shoot them now I could just replace ventliners, that might be the easiest all around.
With the stainless ventliners I sell.... I'm of the opinion that you get a much better solution considering the costs than a bushing modded breech plug. But some would say I'm biased as I sell the stainless vent liners. I prefer to sell what I believe in as the simple effective solution.

With the stainless ventliners I sell.... I'm of the opinion that you get a much better solution considering the costs than a bushing modded breech plug. But some would say I'm biased as I sell the stainless vent liners. I prefer to sell what I believe in as the simple effective solution.
I agree, the ventliners are best and most economical solution for most of us. I have a pile of new liners so im covered for a long time. But the thought of almost never having to replace a plug is appealing. Screw the cost, im freaking wealthy! (Not) i will always believe that cecil epps was onto the best solution with his original vari-flame that took small mag rifle primers in a 209 size module. I have 30 of them and they are awesome, for me. I’m always on the lookout for more of them.

Back