breech plug TC black diamond

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black

Reaction score
I can not find a breech plug for a T C black diamond. Any one know where to go or what else would fit n work.? I'm in pinch season opens this weekend!!! Thanks - Ian

A call to TC worked for me. (866-730-1614 or www.tcarms.com)Also have found them at Cabelas.You can also try Brownells. Have 2 Black Diamonds myself, both XR'S, a 45 and a 50. GREAT rifles. As far as anything else working, nope. They will be advertised for the Black Diamond/ Woods Rifle. TC part number 7769.The breech plug for the Omega North West Hunter is a Black Diamond plug, should you see one if those hen's teeth. Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply. They are listed on a bunch of websites but are all out of stock. Called TC n said it is discontinued. No one has it in stock including TC. Any ideas.

This came from an older post about a black diamond breech plug, I would call them and see if they have one in stock or could whip one up for you

"Lebanon gun shop in lebanon, tn makes custom breach plugs.
6155479600"

Ok thanks for the quick response. I guess the custom breech plug is the only option.

Good to know about the custom plug option. Been thinking about that for some time now.
Am very disappointed in TC. How can a lifetime warranty be honored if they discontinue parts? Guess the goal is to have you give up on an old friend who needs a little work, so you'll part with coin for the newest thing that is frequently no better and sometimes worse...
The plug on my 50 has 1589 rounds on it. Still looks good.

I hear ya. I was very upset also. Told me I wouldhave to find a used one. There goes this season.

Before reading the OP here i had absolutely no idea that a breech plug for a TC Black Diamond rifle was impossible to find. I spent over 30 minutes googling up vendors and no one has that breech plug. This is a sad commentary on TC.

Ugh. Another argument for fixed breechplugs...
Some enterprising fellow might be able to make some coin cobbling up stuff like this...
Guess this is what happens when you get bought up by folks that make breechloaders.

black said:
I can not find a breech plug for a T C black diamond. Any one know where to go or what else would fit n work.? I'm in pinch season opens this weekend!!! Thanks - Ian

What happened to your original breechplug?
Most of us seasoned ML vets have both backup MLs and backup breechplugs.
In a pinch/....... then use the Mastercard or Visa and get another ML, one with open sights, since this will be a last second purchase.

Thanks yall for looking 4 me.

I lost it between last season n this season. Only got 1 ML open sights. Only use it 1 week out of the year so never had a back up. Plus dont have money like that.

Hey Black, Coyote Creek Outfitters may still have plugs. Ordered 2 the other day. There's a post onbthe online forum about it. Good folks to deal with. I spoke to a fella named Peter. Good luck

Better hurry for your order there. Cuz' when those 10 or-so plugs are gone, there may not be anymore coming to Coyote Creek Outfitters.

All Black Diamond owners needing plugs will have a better idea of supply by the end of summer. Someone may start producing them in the spring, being this is primarily a short season product-of-use and that use is usually in the last quarter of the year.

So when Fall arrives, we should know if the breechplugs are gone forever, or if stores / T/C...etc.... have found a new supplier. Right now is the worst time for muzzleloader parts. (For instance) I can't find Winchester 209 primers anywhere locally right now. Everyone is out-of-stock and may not have them until mid-summer (July/August).

Latest posts

Back