Brent Gurtek rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Pete

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm not new to blackpowder, but I'm new here. Enjoying it! I have a beautiful Brent Gurtek Lehigh rifle, .45 caliber, Siler Jim Chambers lock, swamped Colerain barrel. Anyone have any experience with Brent's rifles?

Not with the maker, but the parts, some. I have two Colerain "C" weight, swamped 44" .54 cal barrels. One is a rifled barrel and the other is smooth on my smooth rifle, which is also 28ga. I love them. I had a Siler lock on a Lehigh .50 and a Lehigh .54 caliber I had. The lock was excellent. Although, I now use L&R Classic locks and these are faster in my opinion and timing. I do disassemble, high polish friction bearing surfaces reassemble and I use dry graphite to lube.

Never heard of it, but sure would love to see one! Welcome to the forum as well.

:Need photo:
I've had no experience with Brent but a search of his name shows that he's a member of the Contemporary Longrifle Association. Please post pix and welcome to the forum.

Back