Broadheads in my dreams....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Ok,

I have now reached my next crossroad. What broadhead am I going to hunt with???

Well, I have it narrowed down to 3 at the moment:

1) Teken II 100gr Mechanicals ( previous favorite )

2) 75gr Muzzy 3 blade ( fast and flat )

3) Crimson Raptor 100gr Mechanical, cut on contact. (how tough are they? )

All 3 shoot really great! The Teken and Raptors shoot on par with 100gr field points. BUT the 75gr Muzzy combo is like a lazer beam. My 10 yard pin is good for about 35yds with the 75 grainers. Speed with that combo is right at 293 with a 380gr package. Any reason I shouldn't go with the lil Muzzys? :D :?: :?: Will they still be bad to the bone? 8)

75 grain Muzzy's will most likely be in my game day quiver unless the new Sonic 85 grains shoot better... but its still a light 3 blade fixed broadhead... and my total arrow weight is 360 with the Sonic's. It still should have 55 + lbs of kinetic energy....

JJ,
I'd stck with what ol' Spit uses....3 blade 100gr. Muzzy's
personally I feel anything under 100gr. is a little too light.

Whatever you shoot, remember the mechanicals can't be shot through the mesh fabric of a Double Bull Blind. :shock:

I agree with spit on this. 100 grain or heavier will promote better arrow flight. You may want to read a little about Front of Center. You have such a fast bow, I wouldn't be too worried about getting the lightest arrow weight.

As far as what's a good broadhead, I use rockets (mechanical) and Slick Tricks. Both are 100 grain.

Thanks guys. Point well taken.

I do have some 90gr Muzzy 4 blades. I really dont want to buy any more broadheads.. so that will be my compromise.

I have been practicing a bit in my treestand in the back yard and I have a terrible habit of going too deep into the shoulder of my McKenzie target. I think I need the fixed and with a bit more weight will give me some piece of mind.

Practice Practice Practice!!!

I'm going with the 85 grain Sonic heads....Sharp and strong.... I've been a big Muzzy fan until I purchased these and they fly better and flatter.....

Back