buck from 2008 season and bullets pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rem Luc

Reaction score
Hi all,
very tought season here in Quebec Canada this year.I'm sure that the full moon that was the cause. I had 400+ pics on my trailcams each weeks before the opening day.My friend's son missed one on opening day then....nothing....woods went very quiet after that the whole week. Finaly, Nov 15. i closed the deal....300 ft shot.

Shot was done with a Remington 700 MLStainless. Branes Spitfire BT 245gr./GOEX 3Fg 100gr./CCI 209 M. Also a pic of the bullet found inside the deer.It almost went trought it.

cya soon
Rem Luc

congrats on getting one on the ground...and finding that bullet. looks like it did exactly as advertised

Thanks G.G,
also it retain 100% of it's weight. weight an un fired bullet and that one from my deer on a paint scale and got 15.9 grams for the 2 bullets :shock:

Luc

Luc did u post the deer pic. in the muzzeloader section ????

you would probably get more reply's ..by the way "felicitation" for the nice write up and ur 8 pointer

Great job--those Barnes bullets are impressive. I have never used one to kill a deer with a ML, but have killed several with the Barnes slugs in Federal 20 ga. ammo--thery are awesome and the one I recovered looks just like yours.

Thanks for the post--congratulations

Back