BULK BARNES TMZ ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAX

Reaction score
Anyone know if Barnes sells the 250grn TMZ in bulk, minus the sabot?

TMAX said:
Anyone know if Barnes sells the 250grn TMZ in bulk, minus the sabot?

They have a new T-EZ flat-base (non-boat tailed TMZ) that I THOUGHT was supposed to be sold in bulk, but it looks like it is sold with a new sabot. I could have swore I read that somewhere???

T-EZ15Pack.jpg

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/m ... %E2%84%A2/

You guys might want to read this warning about wrong sabots packaged with some TMZ's.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/muzzleloader/

do the BARNES .250GR. TMZ realy open up like a flower ? or is it just a marketing gimik ???? i want to try them out next year ,to late now we have about 3 ft. of snow ..[snowed in]

black powder said:
do the BARNES .250GR. TMZ realy open up like a flower ? or is it just a marketing gimik ???? i want to try them out next year ,to late now we have about 3 ft. of snow ..[snowed in]

Not many of them get stopped in an animal to examine. I shot a buck on the morning of our opener with one this year (first year to use them) blew through both shoulders. He dropped like a rock, while I was reloading he regained his feet and ran about 30 yards closer to the truck, he was totally done when he hit the ground. Entry was not much bigger than 1/2 inch, but both sides of the chest had 1-1/2" to 2" holes in them, exit out the other shoulder was about 1" in diameter. I think the petals were opening as it was going through the chest and was probably fully peeled back upon exit. The lungs were collapsed and like jelly. Sure made a believer out of me.

The Barnes work off the hydraulic principal IMO, and the Hydrostatic shock knocked that buck right over sideways. I was using 120 grains of Blackhorn 209 behind the 250 grain TMZ for a load. Those petals once opened up are reported to be like razor blades cutting on through.

To answer your question, I'll never know if that bullet opened, but from the hole, I know it didn't just pencil on through. I would say it did exactly what it is supposed to do.

Ya i had some of those recall/bad sabots last year Busta.I email Barnes and they replace them free of charge.The bad sabots i could not hardly Forse them down the Barrel of my Knight rifle.But the sabots that Barnes sent me to replace the old ones loaded just fine
Busta said:
[quote

You guys might want to read this warning about wrong sabots packaged with some TMZ's.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/muzzleloader/

Here is one from a deer I shot last year. Head on, straight between the shoulders, found it laying against the diaphram after taking out the heart.

my.php
[/url]
[/img]

black powder said:

no it is not a gimik. i test all ml bullets i have tried into wet newspaper to see what they do. and the barnes look just like they do on the barnes website. my father in law took a nice 9 with his 7mag this fall with a barnes bullet. we recoverd the bullet lodged in the sternum and it was perfectly "flowerd".

and as far as finding tmz's in bulk... sorry but just give up man i searched high and low and found nothin!

well thank u for all of ur replies ,so BARNES will be my hunting bullet next year ..i realy liked the SST and SHOCKWAVE very accurate and not expensive BUT i don't like a hunting bullet that PENCILS through my game ..and leaves no blood trail ...

Try the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold bullet. I killed a doe in KY using the 260 gr bullet with 110 gr BH209 out of my 50 cal Knight Elite. Hit her a little back thru the lungs. A 40 yd shot. She ran about 40 yds and fell dead. There was a good blood trail from where I hit her to where she dropped. She dropped with in sight, but I wanted to see what the blood trail was like. A good solid blood trail plus found hair where she was standing when I shot her. There was at least a 2x bullet exit hole. Bullet went between ribs going in and coming out. This combo shots a 1 inch group at 100yds. I switched to CCI mag primers when I had a hangfire using winchester primers in illinois while shooting at a big buck that I missed.

Here is a 250 grain TMZ I dug out of a dirt pile.I was target shooting that day and was able to see where they were hitting.The bullet was buried about 15 inches.The dirt pile was 200 yards away,pretty impressive for that distance!

DSCN1306.jpg

Latest posts

Back