...Bullet, scope and bore sighter report.............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D 8)
newaerolitesandbarnes009.jpg
newaerolitesandbarnes006.jpg
newaerolitesandbarnes005.jpg

newaerolitesandbarnes007.jpg
newaerolitesandbarnes002.jpg

The Redfield Revolution 3x9x40 performed without a flaw. Easy to work with and the optics were sharp. Making adjustments were easy because you don't need a screwdriver or coin. IMHO....IT'S A GOOD SCOPE.
Used a BSA bore sighter model 30. Comes with 15 inserts from .17 cal up to .50 cal. Was a little leary at first because the INSERT IGNORE kept moving on me but I used it anyway. It proved to be pretty much on the money.
1st pic is my adjusting the scope. As you can see it was pretty close but needed to be adjusted up some. 9 shots later, I was in the bull and ready to move out to a farther range. I zeroed in at 25 yards using 90 grains JSG and now I'm at 50 yards.
2nd pic are the POWERBELT 295 GRIAN H/P's. 100 grains JSG.
3rd pic are the Powerbelt 295 gr AEROTIPS. 100 GRS JSG
4TH pic is the BARNES 290 grain SPIT FIRES TEZ with 100 grs JSG
5th pic is the new Powerbelt 300 grain AEROLITES WITH 100 GRAINS JSG.
I left the scope hitting high so when I get to the 100 yard range I won't have to much tweaking to do to put me in the bull.
The AEROLITES appear to be the best of the group that I shot today IMHO. Didn't do anything different for any of the bullets. I will keep shooting these for now and see how they hold up out to a 100.

Latest posts

Back