bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum until my eyes have fallen out, and i tried to look up this question before i ask, so i appologize if it is already in here and i did not see it. Heres my question i started out using hornady sabots 45-240grn xtp/mag i think they were 12.00 and some change, now i have been looking thru cabelas catologe and i see where you can buy a box of pistol bullets (a 100 of them for 19.99) they have a 44 cal which is .430 in dia, can i match this up with the harvester sabots that are .430 dia. this would be a huge savings for me since i want to learn more and practice. they have other calibers that match the harvester sabots that i would try also. Am i way out of the ball park with this or do alot of you do this to save money. i just cant see spending 15.00 a box for 20 sabots and bullets. like i said i already know i like the hornadys , plus they are the cheapest that i have found that have a copper jaket hollow point. I shot a deer and a hog with them this year and stopped both in thier tracks. Another question if i get the knight extreme i plan on getting would you shoot a 45 cal or a 44 and what grain i will be shooting deer and hog only and ofcourse using these same rounds to practice with. thanks for any input...........and sorry for the long question

buying in bulk is the way to go. i shoot the .45 cal .452 dia. .300grain , crushed ribs sabots. ends up being about $0.40 a shot instead of $1.20 a shot for the barnes i was shooting. makes the wife alot happier.

Buying in bulk is the way to go with these bullets. Some like the .44 cal(better bc) and I think a better majority shoot the 45 cal. I use both at 100yds they both shoot good out of my Knights. Also ya might want to try the speer gold dots.Sounds like quite a few people use them with very good results. Kerry

Funman

If I had my choise of the .45cal XTPs Or the .44cal XTPs I would go with the .430 44cal 300gr with the Green Crush Rib Sabot From Harvester
the 44cal has alot better SD & BC The BC is 245 on the 44cal and the 45cal has a BC of 180 any Bullet that I shoot I try to have the BC at 200 or better . Also one that is comming on strong is the 10mm .40 200gr XTP with a MMP blue Sabot it has a BC of 199 and you can Acctually push the 200gr 10mm Xtp harder than you can any of the others with out Stripping the Jacket away from the Core.

Ron

thanks for your info guys iv got some shopping to do next month and thats just the info i needed thanks again

I just ordered 100 270gr. 44cal Speer Gold Dot's & 100 Harvester Crush Ribbed Sabots to try out of my Pro hunter. I have shot some 250gr. Hornady SST's with great results but i want to buy in bulk so im going to try the Gold Dot's cause i have heard great things about them. I will be shooting the Gold Dot's with 110grs of loose pyrodex to see how well the T/C likes that combo. I switched from T7 loose cause i am sick of the crud ring. :x

im using that pyrodex rs and i like it ,i have gone through 1lb of it so far. Walmart was selling them for 7.00 a lb bottle. i should have grabed all of them. how much are them gold dots in bulk your looking at

Hey guys Cabelas has all 44 and 45/50 sabots on sale for $6.99 for 50 pack. They have regular and crush rib.

Funman i ordered my Gold Dots from Midway USA for $20 & that was with shipping so 50 bullets for $20 i will pay that any day alot cheaper than the Hornady SST's i was shooting.

Latest posts

Back