Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Reaction score
I was in the market to put a scope on the new Savage SS/Laminate that I bought from Randy for my son to use. I was so impressed with everything about my HB purchase last year that I wanted to retire the Knight my son uses and have him enjoy the Savage as I have.

He has never been real comfortable with setting a gun 3-4" high at 100 and being 3-4" low at 200. He would much prefer to have his gun set on at 100, as most of the shots he takes are closer to that range. We do have much longer shot opportunities where we hunt but has never felt confident past 125 yds and has passed many a nice buck at longer yardages. He's 24 and has been hunting with me since he was 8. He has always hunted with single shot weapons and to date has never failed to kill (deer)what he has shot at. He grew up hearing me talk (preach) about one shot, good shot opportunity, clean kills.

That all changed this weekend. I purchased a Burris Fullfield II with ballistic plex for his gun. We ended up setting it at 1-1/2" high at 100 and it is dead on at 200 with the first mark down. He is shooting the Barnes Originals, 59 gr N-120 and shot 1" at 100 and 2-1/4" at 200.

We went around the farm shooting at various yardages from many of the stands and towers, and he was center punching every shot out to 210 yds. This gun, a range finder and this scope have instilled him with a great sense of confidence. He then of course started wondering about where the next mark down would take him :) I told him will work on that next year.

I have always been a Leopold fan and have a Zeiss on my HB. I don't know how long or well this $200 scope will last but for now I'm impressed.

Sorry for the long post, I get excited when I can make my kids happy, and boy is he happy.

Kim

I bought this same scope off EBAY for $167 bucks for a Knight Disc Elite. I have to say for a cheap scope I'm pretty impressed also. :)

Hi

I just bought mine today: Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40 ballistic plex.

Ready to try it next week-end for deer hunting.

It is just great on the shooting range.

................................................................Gerald............../

I got one for my 10ML this summer, and IMO, the only thing cheap about this scope is the price tag.

My brother is both a professional photographer and firearms enthusiast and he could not stop commenting about the brightness, clarity, and lack of distortion through the Burris.

I'm VERY happy with my choice so far!

Back