Bushnell Trophy XLT 4x12x40 w/ DOA reticle rifle scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
I recently ordered a new scope for my muzzleloader from Optics Planet. I received it in a timely matter with no problem. I had an idea that with all of the bullet drop compinsation scopes requiring 150 grains of powder and a 250 grain projectile I would get the Bushnell Trophy with the DOA 600 reticle and make my loads corispond with which ever mark on the scope for what distance and load I was shooting. It may of worked but I got discouraged because of the reticle lines on the scope were so bold or thick it took up a lot of viewing area in the scope. If you are considering a scope like the Bushnell Trophy XLT DOA 600 I would try to go somewhere and look through it before purchasing as I did not and regret it. I did send it back to Bushnell because I took to long to work on mounting for Optics Planet to let me return it and Bushnell traded me a Trophy 3x9x40 with the Multi-x reticle which is about $30 cheaper with no refund of the difference. Sometimes ordering through the internet can cost you more if you don't check out what you bought in a timely matter.

Isn't the DOE 600 made for a center fire? If it is then the bullet drop com. will be different from DOE made for a muzzle loader. I believe the 600 is based off a .30 bullet of around 150 grains or so.

I stating this on the assumption you bought it for a muzzle loader, but I have to tell ya my DOE 600 works great on my 7.62. The main reason why I bought mine was for the bracketing system...it should give you a general idea on the range of the game your pursuing.

didn't mean to high jack your review lol, but I just wanted to help just in case you didn't know this info.

Cell

Isn't the DOE 600 made for a center fire? If it is then the bullet drop com. will be different from DOE made for a muzzle loader. I believe the 600 is based off a .30 bullet of around 150 grains or so.

I stating this on the assumption you bought it for a muzzle loader, but I have to tell ya my DOE 600 works great on my 7.62. The main reason why I bought mine was for the bracketing system...it should give you a general idea on the range of the game your pursuing.

didn't mean to high jack your review lol, but I just wanted to help just in case you didn't know this info.

Cell

Cell

Cell

Latest posts

Back