Butt Ugly scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Got this new pentax 3-9x50mm Lightseeker, matte, with ballistic plex. Mounted it and shot it in yesterday at 100 yds. No problems clicks were right on the money. Optics clear and bright. I pd $ 469.00 for it, but since I traded in the Pentax whitetails unlimited, out of pocket was only 130. My dealer does across the counter swaps on defective Pentax scopes. Really a great guarentee. He told me he was the only dealer in the country that does that. He is a high volume Pentax dealer and said he has an exclusive contract that allows him to do that. Don't know if the exclusive part is true, but he swapped mine out with no hassle. Anyway this is one BUTT UGLY scope. Front objective looks like a tulip bulb that ate too much miracle grow! But beauty is in the function, and if it holds together on my Savage I can live with it.

"Front objective looks like a tulip bulb that ate too much miracle grow!"

Kinda looks like it was made from a "C" cell Maglite.
Does it have batteries :D
charlie

No batteries on this one, but I think they make one with a lighted reticle somewhere in the lineup.

Rifleman,
Good luck with this scope. I like Pentax Lightseeker scopes. Clear optics and wide FOV. I don?t not like a long tube. It?s hard to mount them on a short action. And 50mm objective is a little too heavy to my taste. That?s why I sold my 3.5-10X50. But I still have 3-9X43 with MilDot reticle on my 7X64 Steyr rifle.

Pentax Lightseeker is really a Burris Signature. I recently picked up a Lightseeker 2-8x and I really like it.

Back