Buy a license or not?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
My neighbor uploaded a cell phone video to youtube, and the video was shot directly across the road from our home. It appears we have a good number of bucks in the neighborhood. There were 20 different bucks in the field at the same time.
Not sure I'll hunt this year, as we still have enough meat in the freezer. But then again............

Buy your license, hunt, sit and watch mostly if a true monster walks out take him, donate the meat to someone that needs it, most of my deer seasons for the last 15 years have been this mindset

Buy your license, hunt, sit and watch mostly if a true monster walks out take him, donate the meat to someone that needs it, most of my deer seasons for the last 15 years have been this mindset
I've done the same thing. I have a cousin that likes to hunt but he can't move around too good. I usually give him a deer every year and the same with people from the church.

I've had a nice 150 BC Plus buck in my field he has three other ear wide eight pointers with him hope to see him once bow season starts my goal is to not shoot a deer on my property and let friends and family do it I can pass on a 150 155 but if something in that 170 above class steps out it's going to be hard to just let them walk Southwest Arkansas where I have moved to doesn't have a lot of deer ,but I'm amazed at the quality of some of the bucks, the Ouachita mountains are difficult to hunt, the learning curve has been hard, and yet challenging ,most bucks are in low country feeding and fields And even along the highway there's nothing up high right now for them to eat so you can see a lot if you get up early in the morning that's a cool video I love to watch bucks out in a field!!

I say buy the license and go hunting!:lewis:
There’s plenty folks that will take the meat if you clean the deer and deliver it to them iced down….ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

I get a 1200# show steer processed every year, so my freezers are full of beef. I‘ve only been hunting for horns for several years, and I’ve never had trouble getting rid of the meat.

Back