Cabin Tree Mold Handles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Anyone here use these things? They seem like a neat idea, They have been around for quite some time but I don’t hear much mention of them? I started a thread way back on CB about these things. I have seen and handled them over at BACO, Just couldn’t pull the trigger at 70 bucks a pair.

I remember being warned against these, that was enough for me to save 70 bucks. Just curious what you guy’s have to say about them? I borrowed this pic from BACO :D

NGR1C8g.jpg

I sure do and like them a lot. Can't imagine why anyone would "warn you off them". I did have to think real hard about getting them at $70, but glad I did. I have carpal tunnel and after a few casts my diameter consistency would go to pot. Veral of LBT told me about using a hose clamp on my RCBS handles and while it works I found it cumbersome. These really helped me with that. Sort of a Set it and forget it thing. The first time I cast some bullets with my new LBT mould I was happy with the mold but man my diameters varied a good bit. Spoke to Veral and then tried the hose clamp trick and then my consistency was there but it slowed me down. My last casting day was with these handles and I cast about 330 bullets in short order and diameters were great and my wrists thanked me.

By the way, Buffalo Arm's is where I first saw them and who I got mine from. Don't think I knew they were from cabin tree though. :think: Mine are the Steel handles (may be the first version??) but I did see somewhere that there is an aluminum handle version too now. The steel are a bit heavy but I just test the mold on the side of my Lee pot when I pour. I am considering a .315 RB mould for my .32cals and might get another set for that mould.

Dug out my mould handle box. It was ST Machining not Cabine tree.

qZfL6OT.jpg

7pz2CFr.jpg

pvxz12G.jpg

vsjKhFx.jpg

Shawn, ST Machining is who bought part of Cabin Tree, Like these Mold Handles, And the Lead Hardness Tester. I suspect it was a friend type deal? As they are both from Dayton Wa

The handles look really good, This is the reason i started the thread, to hear from people using them and what their opinions are? 70 bucks is a big leap for a set of mold handles. I am gonna have to try a pair for myself :yeah:

St Machining sells through the name Desperado Cowboy Bullets, also Dayton Wa

http://cowboybullets.com/ST-Machining-P ... _c_17.html

I too have the Cabine tree harness tester, our Buddy IdahoRon told me about it. I was looking today and saw the tester mentioned as manufactured by St Machine so wondered if Cabine sold to ST. I had also saw them both on Desperado's site.

flounder,

Not sure. Never heard of Brooks. My LBT is the only custom I have.

The Handles measure .274-.275 thick where the holes are for attaching the mould blocks. You can see form the pic Lewis posted that the mount holes are close to the edge. My LBT blocks have a slot for the handles that is .306 tall and it is .741 across both blocks at the bottom of the slot. If there is another measurement I can provide let me know.

Latest posts

Back